GDT: UPDATE: Season Postponed. Pens at Jackets at a date TBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
If, as some theorize, the season restarts with immediate playoffs, the Islanders get especially hosed. One point out of the wildcard with two games in hand over WC2 Blue Jackets. Canucks miss too despite being tied with Preds and two point below WC1 Jets with two games in hand. Will be interesting to see what happens for sure.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Well...I guess now all we can do is wait...well my wife will be happy that I won't be watching hockey all the time.

Dennis Reynolds

I have to have my tools!
Jun 10, 2011
Paddy's Pub
I wonder how this goes down. Say they pause for a month. Do they push games back, or just start the playoffs? If it's the former, it's going to be a scheduling nightmare. If it's the latter, there's going to be a lot of bubble teams pissed off.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Just curious, do you have any basis for this other than the original prognosis (4 to 6 months) two and a half months ago? Do we even know the extent of the injury?
Hey...why can't someone be positive in a sea of negativity?

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wonder how this goes down. Say they pause for a month. Do they push games back, or just start the playoffs? If it's the former, it's going to be a scheduling nightmare. If it's the latter, there's going to be a lot of bubble teams pissed off.

I ask again, it is not like arenas are only used for hockey. How would they schedule that many games in that many arenas when there will be a myriad of conflict bookings?

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
this allows the Pens to really take a breather. start off with a different vibe in a few months , hopefully

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I ask again, it is not like arenas are only used for hockey. How would they schedule that many games in that many arenas when there will be a myriad of conflict bookings?

Dude. Just have morning evening doubleheader. It'd insane!

In retrospect perhaps I should not have introduced myself to these message boards....

You know...season wasn't screwed up till you arrived! You bastard!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
This could be good for us. We have a stacked roster when healthy. Some guys needed a break. MM and Jarry get their heads right. Maybe get Jake back. Get Letang a tutor during this break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad