Recalled/Assigned: Update: Labrie and Mikkelson back from Syracuse (conditioning assignement)

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I saw them mention it during the game. I don't know how they can skip waivers to go to Syracuse.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I saw them mention it during the game. I don't know how they can skip waivers to go to Syracuse.

It's a conditioning assignment which is exempt from waivers but can only spend 2 weeks there. They also get their NHL money and the team keeps their cap hit during this time.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was excited for a second. Thought we might be getting more youth coming up, but it's only a conditioning assignment.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
It's a conditioning assignment which is exempt from waivers but can only spend 2 weeks there. They also get their NHL money and the team keeps their cap hit during this time.

I don't know why more teams don't do this instead of losing players to waivers. Unless you can only do it once per player.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Whose spot on the Crunch are they taking? Rather see a Gauthier get games than Labrie.

Al Cervick

Mar 17, 2011
Whose spot on the Crunch are they taking? Rather see a Gauthier get games than Labrie.

Nightingale and Jacques have been scratched every game since Nacho and Mikkelson have been down. I'm not sure if it's 6 or 8 but you can only dress a certain amount of veteran players. I'm not sure of the number of games you have played to be considered a vet.

TBLHoser

Jul 2, 2009
Sunshine State
Why is Mikkelson listed in the Lightning scratches if he's up in Syracuse?

Edit:....says he played last night in Syracuse but he was listed as a scratch for last nights Bolts game in Carolina.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why is Mikkelson listed in the Lightning scratches if he's up in Syracuse?

Edit:....says he played last night in Syracuse but he was listed as a scratch for last nights Bolts game in Carolina.

He's on a conditioning assignment so he's technically still on the Bolts roster. He will be a true healthy scratch after he's done which will be after the Crunchs next game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad