Speculation: Update: Blues say NO to Arnott

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
When you read JR's morning skate it's clear this was a roster space issue and Armstrong isn't willing to carry 14 forwards because he needs to carry 3 goaltenders. Halak/Elliott basically screwed Arnott.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Army could have easily have sent Murray down. It's not like Arnott was meant to be a stop gap, he was still going to be on the roster after we got healthy, and Murray was always going to be sent down in the end.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Army could have easily have sent Murray down. It's not like Arnott was meant to be a stop gap, he was still going to be on the roster after we got healthy, and Murray was always going to be sent down in the end.

Cracknell, Porter and Murray are up due to injuries to McDonald, Steen and Tarasenko. The first two are due back in ~5 more games, McDonald possibly sooner. Murray and probably Cracknell get sent down when that happens.

If they'd signed Arnott, then when Tarasenko returned they'd have to send a goalie down and Armstrong would rather have the flexibility of not doing that. But if there were definitely only two goalies then he could sign Arnott and when Tarasenko returned only send down Porter. Frankly Porter adds more than Arnott does right now.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I never really understood the logic behind being interested in Arnott. Every one of our current 3rd liners is better than him IMO.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Well maybe the thought was if there were one more injury to forwards they'd be in deep trouble. During the week that Arnott worked out, the need to keep Allen up was deepened AND during that same week nobody else got injured and the injured guys started looking more solid for near-term returns.

Yoko Ono*

Well if Arnott can't make this team then the small market team is in trouble he is your last hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Who says that's their last hope?

I'm still having trouble figuring out why a team would be in trouble because a guy can't make the team. The clear implication that the team is full of guys better than the guy who can't make it. If the guy who can't make the team is supposed to be good, then the team turning him away must be in relatively good shape, right?

Yoko Ono*

I'm still having trouble figuring out why a team would be in trouble because a guy can't make the team. The clear implication that the team is full of guys better than the guy who can't make it. If the guy who can't make the team is supposed to be good, then the team turning him away must be in relatively good shape, right?

I think it is because the Blues reluctance to add any quality to the roster in times of need. He fits because he prolly comes cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad