Post-Game Talk (GBU): Unwatchable

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 1m1 minute ago

Only three players were in that room to hold themselves accountable. Gionta Enroth and McCormick. Weber came back when we asked for him.

Quick to go take in a little Pittsburgh nightlife :laugh:

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 1m1 minute ago

Only three players were in that room to hold themselves accountable. Gionta Enroth and McCormick. Weber came back when we asked for him.

So, am I getting this right......basically the whole team avoided the media after that debacle?

If that's true that's not very professional of the bunch.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Why do they have to "hold themselves accountable"?

What else do they have to say at this point other than cliched ********?

It's called being a professional and facing the music of the media.

Do you think they'd all be hiding if they won that game tonight?

Ron C.

Sponsor
Jun 16, 2002
Amherst, NY
Visit site
G: 3-0 Carolina win
18 shots is better than 10

B: 134 minutes without a goal

U: 2014-15 Sabres

Many of us signed up for the tank... myself included. I sometimes worry about what kind of scorched Earth team will be left. I want to finish last, but I would like to minimize collateral damage.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
It's called being a professional and facing the music of the media.

Do you think they'd all be hiding if they won that game tonight?

Again, what music is there to face? Do you demand that every player sit there in the locker room until they've all talked to the media?

The goalie was there. The captain was there. Frankly, that's good enough.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Again, what music is there to face? Do you demand that every player sit there in the locker room until they've all talked to the media?

The goalie was there. The captain was there. Frankly, that's good enough.

Then just shut the locker room down after every game and practices. Don't let the media have access to them at all except on players/management terms.

That will go over real well with the paying fanbase......outside of you.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
it is kinda cowardly to dash out tbh, not a contract requirement but an understood expectation of a professional athlete

Bps21*

The only person who ever said anything interesting that wasn't from the big book of trained seal responses was miller and he's gone,

I don't really need to know how brian Flynn feels about the teams play.

I can assume he thinks it's bad.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I'm not even stressing over any of this stuff. Not the score, not their record, not the line-up, not who speaks after the game, not what the coach does or says.

I care about how Girgensons, maybe Foligno, Myers, and Ristolainen play. Nothing else matters because nothing else is going to be around here when the team is competitive.

Pay attention to the standings and the 2015 draft class for entertainment.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY
Then just shut the locker room down after every game and practices. Don't let the media have access to them at all except on players/management terms.

That will go over real well with the paying fanbase......outside of you.

The media has a job to do, yes. The players should be there, yes. But what is it going to accomplish right now?

"hey, you were shutout for the 5th time in 8 games, what do you think about that?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bps21*

I'll learn the only thing that matter about the players by watching the games. And I'm sure we'd have a lot less boring cliches in the first place if people didn't need a quote after every game anyway. Let's say there were no interviews. I bet it would make the times that a player sought out a reporter to give a quote a hell of a lot more interesting. There are 82 of these things. They say the same three things every time.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
You'd be fine with no interviews all year long?

Boy, that would make things interesting when trying to follow the team.

I guess I must be the crazy one when I want to hear from players after each game.

I'd be okay with no interviews. This team doesn't really seem to care and when they do it's some rah rah ******** line they feed us that they don't back up. If someone wants to say something earth shattering about their team, use social media :naughty:

Bps21*

I don't know how anyone could me surprised they didn't show up for interviews when they haven't been showing up on the ice all year.

Boom. Nailed it.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I know Sabres fans are in love with the idea of prospects and draft picks. But is it still their expectation that at some point these young players will actually show glimpses of development?

Which young guys disappointed you tonight?

Oops I forgot takeo has no points and just trolls his own board...

ZeroPT*

Wait wait wait people are complaining about interviews? Interviews? Frankly I could care less about 90% of the roster. If you want to complain about something complain about the fact that all of our good young players make solid plays that get wasted by the incompetence of the rest of the roster. Complain about how the future of our franchise got crappy treatment. Complain about the fact that one of our top prospects played 6 minutes worth of hockey because reasons. Complain about that. But interviews?
Who gives a damn what Myers thinks about losing 5-0 to one of the best teams in the league? I certainly don't. What I do care about is the young players on this roster and how everything they do is just cancelled. That's why people think there is no development of our prospects. Because nothing happens out of it. It pisses me off.

Complaining about "media accountability" and all that bull **** is exactly that. Bull ****.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Wait wait wait people are complaining about interviews? Interviews? Frankly I could care less about 90% of the roster. If you want to complain about something complain about the fact that all of our good young players make solid plays that get wasted by the incompetence of the rest of the roster. Complain about how the future of our franchise got crappy treatment. Complain about the fact that one of our top prospects played 6 minutes worth of hockey because reasons. Complain about that. But interviews?
Who gives a damn what Myers thinks about losing 5-0 to one of the best teams in the league? I certainly don't. What I do care about is the young players on this roster and how everything they do is just cancelled. That's why people think there is no development of our prospects. Because nothing happens out of it. It pisses me off.

Complaining about "media accountability" and all that bull **** is exactly that. Bull ****.

Get over your bad self.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 36m36 minutes ago
Mike Weber and Ted Nolan rip #Sabres "If we win a game, we all want to talk. But if we lose, we all want to hide."

Soooooo I guess it's the season to hibernate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad