Post-Game Talk (GBU): Unwatchable

Bps21*

Good thing Zadorov was in the press box or this game could have gotten out of hand.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
I know Sabres fans are in love with the idea of prospects and draft picks. But is it still their expectation that at some point these young players will actually show glimpses of development?

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I'll find some good.

G:
Girgensons winning 7 of 8 faceoffs against Crosby.
Hodgson winning 9 faceoffs.
Ristolainen playing "top 4" minutes (PP time included!)
Canes picked up 2 points

B:
Coyotes losing

Bps21*

I know Sabres fans are in love with the idea of prospects and draft picks. But is it still their expectation that at some point these young players will actually show glimpses of development?

Which young players are you talking about? They're almost all not here.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca

No, they will all bust, of course. High picks rarely pan out, especially when they're in the hands of amateur management like ours. It's all for naught.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
G:
Girgensons and CoHo in the dot
Stewart-Hodgson-Foligno generated a couple of solid chances
Thought Risto had a solid game
Pens passing, especially on the PP

B:
MES with another stinker of a night

U:
Our PK tonight

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

Who is on the team now that wll be in 5 seasons?

Girgensons, Ristolainen and Myers?

Last edited:

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012

Is this a rhetorical question that is supposed to fall under one of GBU?

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's funny how a fan of the Sabres refers to others as "fans of the Sabres" and makes backhanded mild insults , like they don't follow them or watch them too :biglaugh:

Clear as glass and so so tired

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
When can we start the annual Fire Nolan thread, yes we are losing but this badly come on

Bps21*

I'm still confused as to who in the world he could be talking about.

Does he think we have a bunch of recent picks on this roster? Do I have to bust out the since 2010 draft list again?

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I can't help but feel bad for Enroth, he is one of only a few guys that gives all he has.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'm sorry, I know the team is abysmal, but getting shut out 5 of 12 games is completely unacceptable. There are NHL quality players on this team. There is no way they should not be able to score at least 1 goal every night.

I can't imagine Nolan is going to be here past this season.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
G:
Reinhart not having to endure this ***** show
We lost
Hurricanes won
Coyotes lost
Blues just let up 2 goals in the 3rd and it's tied 2-2...(not jinxing it..just saying)

B:
See ugly

U:
This team

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 7m7 minutes ago
Mike Weber talked passionately about how the #Sabres need to get angry.

They sure do talk a good game haha

Bps21*

We are quite easily worse this year, I don't even know how that is possible. But apparently it is. Which isn't a bad thing with two generational prospects in the draft.

They paid their 25+ minute a night defenseman who was far and away their best possession driver who made every player on the ice with him better to leave.

That's how.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Paul Hamilton ‏@pham1717 1m1 minute ago

Only three players were in that room to hold themselves accountable. Gionta Enroth and McCormick. Weber came back when we asked for him.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 7m7 minutes ago
Mike Weber talked passionately about how the #Sabres need to get angry.

They sure do talk a good game haha

Actually they don't. A few players have been pissed. Gorges and Weber come to mind. But most of this team doesn't seem to care enough to get mad. Hodgson' reaction to his demotion to the 4th line is a great example of this. When asked if he was mad about it he said It didn't didn't bother him at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad