Post-Game Talk (GBU): Unwatchable

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
G: Carolina wins, that only sevenish of the players on the ice will be here in the medium to long-term
B: penalties, especially too many men on the powerplay
U: thankfully the 2014-2015 Buffalo Sabres

I think the worries have quickly disappeared for anyone that thought the off-season signings would make the team competitive. If you're feeling blue skim over the Amerks roster and notice the seven or so players that will be given a shot in the next year or two. Add in Reinhart, Lemieux, Compher, McEichel and maybe another of our firsts in 2015 and there are reasons to smile. Don't get your engraving kit just yet but instead of focusing on the tire fire look over your shoulder at the water plane that's en route.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
Bill Hoppe ‏@BillHoppeNHL 36m36 minutes ago
Mike Weber and Ted Nolan rip #Sabres "If we win a game, we all want to talk. But if we lose, we all want to hide."

Soooooo I guess it's the season to hibernate

I guess we aren't allowed to talk about this sort of thing. It upsets some board members that some expect the players to face the music, win or lose.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Yes the media holds the Sabres accountable with a bunch of "Do you need to play angry?"... "Whats your message to the team?".... These are the times you miss Jim Kelley honestly.

Bps21*

If they don't stand there and talk how will we know who cares and who doesn't?

It's not like they play a game for 2 and a half hours every other day where we can see.

They can talk to each other. Everyone else should wait to be shown. Sorry sloppy Paul Hamilton...guess you've got 22 more grudges to carry around for the rest of your life.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- only lost by 5, Pens passing skills are brilliant

B- shutout again
-team looked tired halfway thru the 1st

U- players running away from a media session, the Alternates should be there with the coach and captain at least. Its an issue of character.

Freezerburn

Mar 20, 2003
I expect that at some point this year, players will approach Murray about no longer wanting to play for Nolan.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
Yes the media holds the Sabres accountable with a bunch of "Do you need to play angry?"... "Whats your message to the team?".... These are the times you miss Jim Kelley honestly.

So true.

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
I liked Hodgson's game. He's starting to wake up a bit out there.

Risto was fairly solid as well.

I really don't like anything from Gionta thus far. He's barely 3rd line material at this point.

mikemcburn

Oct 23, 2013
Good:

Team combining for only 1 give-away (registered, anyway)

Girgensons. His 73% for face-offs was just the bonus.

Mitchell. Saw him lots and everywhere.

Hodgson. Yep, I said it. 60% in the dot, 2 hits (WOW!), Heck, even his move to catch an edge and take out Fleury was good - gave the crowd an opportunity to respond to *something* done by a Sabre ;)

Stafford not giving up. Didn't have a good game, but he was at least trying to pull the MES gangle forward.

Stewart back with Hodgson and generating chances again.

Ristolainen had some great lead passes.

Ennis' smarts to scamper off the ice with the play going into Sabres dzone so that someone else (Hodgson) got Ennis' -1 rating ;-)

Bad:

Gionta still on the PP???

The odds that Nolan will keep Hodgson-Stewart together for any sort of chance of building chem.

Ristolainen's passes going onto the sticks of dead forwards...

Myers leading the whole team in shots on net. lol

Ugly:

Girgensons not on the PP???

Moulson & Ennis teaming up to take the Sabres off the power-play twice in one game.

The 23 games since Moulson has actually scored a goal while playing with Ennis.

Nolan's fixation with the Moulson-Ennis duet.

Amerksonian

Feb 28, 2007
Rochester, NY
Many of us signed up for the tank... myself included. I sometimes worry about what kind of scorched Earth team will be left. I want to finish last, but I would like to minimize collateral damage.

Well, if we're lucky the Sabres will have a horrible first half of season and follow it up with a good second half but failing to make it out of the cellar. That should give us the top pick and hope for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad