GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.7 (2.1)

Are the Cardiac Canes back?

• Total voters

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
For those of us who sat in a mostly empty PNC during the Bill Peters days from puck drop to final horn, getting our asses kicked and having opposing fans nearby run their mouths… it’s all worth it now

There's one guy with lower level seats who spent the decade trying to start "Let's go Canes!" chants in an arena with 8k, if that. Still hear him from time to time, 8 minutes into the first, 0-0 and crowd has settled in. I'm glad the team is good, for his sake.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I took a friend on Sunday who hasn't been to a game in a while. He couldn't believe the upper deck was packed to the rafters. I still have a hard time believing it.

We sure have come a long way. Those were taken in 2015

Remember the year Dundon took over and told fans to come down from the upper level to the lower level? That was 2016/17 so winning has certainly changed things.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
No offense to @brian_griffin, but…

View attachment 644993Edit: ah dammit, I see now that SBA beat me to it. Funny thing was that I looked for the thread before the game by doing a HFBoards search on “I like you” and it came up with zero results, then after the game did a Google search and it found the thread immediately. Oh well, just excuses now…I got beat.
Yeah, the search function on the site is basically completely dead. Has been for a few months now.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Looking at the team's schedule/results. With either Raanta or Andersen in net, the Canes have not lost a game in regulation since Nov 12th, a 4-1 loss to Colorado.

Since then, all 4 of the regulation losses have been with Kochetkov in net. Not saying all those losses are his fault, particularly the AZ loss where the team didn't show up, but the other 3 he didn't play well in after he returned from his injury in January.

11/23: 4-0 AZ
1/3: 5-3 NYR
1/5: 5-3 NSH
1/10: 5-3 NJD

Raanta had a few stinkers that we still got wins/points in, the SO win over NJ comes to mind.

But think about it, with either of the teams 2 NHL goalies in net, the team has not lost in regulation in 2.5 months.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
But think about it, with either of the teams 2 NHL goalies in net, the team has not lost in regulation in 2.5 months.

It's funny how since Andersen's come back, goaltending has magically stopped being a story. It's not like either has necessarily stolen one or stood on their head, but it's just par for the course solid goaltending that lets our roster shine.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
It's funny how since Andersen's come back, goaltending has magically stopped being a story. It's not like either has necessarily stolen one or stood on their head, but it's just par for the course solid goaltending that lets our roster shine.
Its worth repeating this again....

We are 13-0 without Aho or Slavin in the lineup during this run

yeesh

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Except for the EN goal, every goal was scored after a great pass.

TT's great pass to Aho on the back door after Svech bobbled it and then slid it to TT
Necas's 2-1 pass where he held it, moved the puck on the stick a little to get the D and goalie to commit before sliding it over to Noesen.
KK's nifty pass to Burns pinching down.
Noesen winning the battle behind the net and sliding pass back to an open Stepan.

While winning is paramount and a hard working goal counts as much as a skilled goal, as a fan, it's more fun to watch goals like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad