GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.5 (1.29)

What time is it?

• Total voters

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Crazy that we could finish with 120 points and not win the President’s trophy. Granted, I don’t really care about it..
If the Bruins lose to the Leafs on the road and we take care of business against the Kings and Sabres we'll be 5 points back of them. And we play them once more so outside of that game we'd just need to win 2 more games than the Bruins post All-Star break. Yes lots of "ifs" there and odds are the Bruins still stay on top but it's not as far away as it looked a few weeks ago.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Freddy has surprisingly little accent given that english is his second language.

Srcratch that Norman-French influence off and they're essentially the same folks.

1280px-Anglo-Saxon_Homelands_and_Settlements.svg.png

5burhs-map.jpg

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Srcratch that Norman-French influence off and they're essentially the same folks.

1280px-Anglo-Saxon_Homelands_and_Settlements.svg.png

5burhs-map.jpg
Hey, I know this stuff!! I'm currently reading through the Last Kindom series (already watched the show)
I feel like this should go to the main board to cause chaos. Everyone likes shitting on Marchand, right?

And somehow Svetch got penalized on that play lol

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Dominant win. Of course they'll be better in the playoffs with some rest. But to me this does give a Canes fan hope. Boston relies too much on their top 6 forwards as well as McAvoy and Lindholm. The rest of their D is strong, but not as good top to bottom as ours is when Slavin is back in the helm. Their depth forwards aren't as strong and their offense relies more on the power play.

I'm going to be that asshole and complain about the refs. Seriously their only goal was directly because Aho was taken out of the play with the most blatant penalty of the night that went uncalled. The Skjei interference had the puck right there. The trip on De Haan was probably a legit penalty but he barely made any contact with the stick. It was 100% flashbacks of the 2019 series against Boston, where they could kill a man and then get a powerplay for it.

he made 2 points in his career? that seems generous
I kept trying to make it blank but hfboards made my post a short box. You are correct that that is very generous.

To me maybe the most important thing is that we have a decent showing at special teams. That's really been our achilles heel. Even scoring a PP goal and having a decent PK against Boston and still losing the game is not a bad result.
Also I'm going to be an asshole and quote myself but I did just want to make the point that our special teams looked really good. It looked like we had scouted / solved Boston's powerplay. We'll need to be this good on special teams to have a chance to advance.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Yeah, that's about as clear as could be. Like I said, it's a vague recollection, but I am pretty sure there was a very similar play (might even have been against Aho) with no call made. Maybe it was back when I was on the official board and folks were referencing the slashing rule instead of interference.
It happened to TDA against the Rangers last year in the playoffs and led directly to a goal against similar to this one.

I can see why the refs might be hesitant to call it since you don't want players to start just letting go of the stick when the feel it being lifted but when it directly leads to a good chance like this one and the one last year they really need to crack down on it and call it.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Burnsy is loved and appreciated by his 'Canes Teammates
1,300 Games in the NHL is impressive. 67th All Time in Game Played in the NHL.
He is 16th All Time Points for Defencemen. As Rod said, "Burnsy is an elite player."
Brent Burns1985 DOBD1300G235Goals576A811Pts

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
Burnsy is loved and appreciated by his 'Canes Teammates
1,300 Games in the NHL is impressive. 67th All Time in Game Played in the NHL.
He is 16th All Time Points for Defencemen. As Rod said, "Burnsy is an elite player."
Brent Burns1985 DOBD1300G235Goals576A811Pts
It makes me sad that Bobby Orr only played 657 games in his career, less than half of Burns, for example. He was an amazing player to watch and completely changed the game forever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad