GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.5 (1.29)

What time is it?

• Total voters

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
W.r.t. Aho's stick being stripped: didn't a similar play occur last year, or maybe 2 years ago? And I seem to vaguely recall that, despite how ridiculous it seems, there was discussion that if the stick was lifted from underneath without touching the hands it might not technically be a penalty?

And as noted, great game by the Canes, but the Broons playing 3 games in 4 days does deserve a footnote. I know we'd be taking that under consideration if we were on the other side of that schedule.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
W.r.t. Aho's stick being stripped: didn't a similar play occur last year, or maybe 2 years ago? And I seem to vaguely recall that, despite how ridiculous it seems, there was discussion that if the stick was lifted from underneath without touching the hands it might not technically be a penalty?
Rule 56.2 seems pretty black and white to me:

56.2 Minor Penalty - A minor penalty for interference shall be imposed:

(v) On a player who deliberately knocks the stick out of an opponent’s
hand
, or prevents a player who has dropped his stick or any other
piece of equipment from regaining possession of it (see Rule 53.2(iii));

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Just finished watching this on a delay...few observations

1) Honestly one of the better games I've seen out of us this season (I've missed most of the other "blowout" games, 4-1 against Boston is no joke
2) Either scratch embellishment from the rulebook or f***ING CALL IT when it's blatantly obvious. Boston is probably second only to Shittburgh in terms of blatantly obvious constant diving, and I'm guessing they probably have 0 penalties for it this year. So if you're not gonna call it, get rid of it....it's embarassing when it happens that much and doesn't get called
3) Boston is good, damn good, but when you see how their games are officiated, it's also obvious how they win so many. You just knew early in the game when Skjei got boarded by Greer they weren't going to call shit on Boston. Svech getting penalized for Rat-boi going ballistic on Aho is another.
4) This is the Freddie we needed! Also, he tried to toss the star puck to a little kid and a bigger kid behind him caught it and celebrated, I really hope he gave it to the little-ones Freddie was trying to get it to.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Rule 56.2 seems pretty black and white to me:

Yeah, that's about as clear as could be. Like I said, it's a vague recollection, but I am pretty sure there was a very similar play (might even have been against Aho) with no call made. Maybe it was back when I was on the official board and folks were referencing the slashing rule instead of interference.

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Just finished watching this on a delay...few observations

1) Honestly one of the better games I've seen out of us this season (I've missed most of the other "blowout" games, 4-1 against Boston is no joke
2) Either scratch embellishment from the rulebook or f***ING CALL IT when it's blatantly obvious. Boston is probably second only to Shittburgh in terms of blatantly obvious constant diving, and I'm guessing they probably have 0 penalties for it this year. So if you're not gonna call it, get rid of it....it's embarassing when it happens that much and doesn't get called
3) Boston is good, damn good, but when you see how their games are officiated, it's also obvious how they win so many. You just knew early in the game when Skjei got boarded by Greer they weren't going to call shit on Boston. Svech getting penalized for Rat-boi going ballistic on Aho is another.
4) This is the Freddie we needed! Also, he tried to toss the star puck to a little kid and a bigger kid behind him caught it and celebrated, I really hope he gave it to the little-ones Freddie was trying to get it to.
5) we didn’t completely 💩ourselves with the dreaded two-goal lead.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Same applies with Denmark and Norway (sometimes). A lot of pop culture in Scandinavia generally is done in American English, from what I've heard.
Kinda depends. I've noticed some of the more rural players tend to keep an accent, like Lindholm. The fancy city slickers seem to have no accent though especially if they got to North America early or they've lived here for a long time.

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

rainband

Oct 7, 2009
Playoff atmosphere tonight. No voice left. D looked good without Slavin, including Coghlan being barely noticeable and Chatfield being noticeably nice. Aho is on a heater right now. Koko seems to play like I do in beer league: as soon as he gets his head up to look for a play he loses the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad