GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.3 (1.25)

Is "Jordo" sasquatch

• Total voters

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I mean, personally, if the only deadline move was a bottom-pair lefty, that would be a disappointment lol. But with $8.5M in cap space, I'm pretty sure that won't be the only move.
No doubt we need another top 6 forward but for the 3LD, I was originally all in on Gavrikov but after looking at things a bit, if Jake McCabe is on the block (retained) I’d be very down for that.

Reactions: DaveG

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I'm not going to fault the kid for playing that way. We've had multiple young forwards much bigger than him afraid to go into the corners, along the boards and in front of the net, yet 5'10 175 lb Jarvis is willing to do it game after game despite being punished every night and going through a sophomore slump. I'd be a lot more worried if he just became a perimeter player while still not producing.
What if Rod just had him start power lifting and smashing creatine drinks all day. 5'10 205 would probably manage to stay on the puck

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Dunno if I agree with LaJoie being a better option, but I will say Coghlan should not be playing with the Canes right now. He's looked outmatched since Day 1 and really hasn't shown much improvement.

If we're talking former Canes, the big D man playing for the opposing team tonight was a favorite of mine.
When we went to the stars game vs wild in December I saw him in person again. I'd forgotten just how big of a dude he was until they came out for warm ups.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
That Burns goal was so f***ing sick. I think we underrate him around here. He's as good as Dougie was or even better and is definitely significantly better than TDA was last year. Chat's done great these last couple games with Slavin out but it's really Burns holding down the fort on that pair. And of course Skjei and Pesce are absolute studs.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Does Coghlan get more chances than Bear, Bean, Fluery under Rod? Seems like when they did they were stapled to
Q: is Coghlan better than Wolves' Lajoie, Honka, Seeley, Fitzgerald? I get the younger guys needing games for development but if in the playoffs we need coverage, should any of those 4 slot in over Coghlan?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
The team welcomes back a goalie who hasn't played in ages (Andersen) and win 5 straight starts (albeit, he didn't finish the 5th). They win a game and take a very emotional hit losing Pacioretty, who fought so hard to come back, and also losing their #1 D, Slavin. Then in this game, they lose their starting goalie and overcome a 1 goal deficit to win in OT, going 5-0-1 in their last 6 games, with some different faces, new D pairings and switching goalies mid game.

I think we as fans like to point out that the team struggles with adversity/mental toughness when the team loses a few, but fail to acknowledge how well they handle it when they win a few while fighting through adversity.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
Who is going to be injuried come Sunday? I ask because this team does great when one of it's starters is injuried.
Aho - what 8 wins in a row with him out? We lose Max And Slavin and 3 in a row? So who will take one for the Team come Sunday against the Bruins?

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
Actually, that's my hope re: Jarvis future. He adapts the RBA strength training program and becomes a bowling ball difficult to knock off (Rod Is 6'1" so not far off)
Someone give some steroid to Tieksola poor guy is only 146 pounds at 5'10 , he must be like a feather on the ice

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I didn't get to watch last night's game, but statistically, it looks like Staal's line was dominant. Was that really the case?

13CF, 1CA; 6SF, 1SA; 1GF, 0GA; .41xGF, 0xGA; 5SCF, 0SCA; 3 HDCF, 0 HDCA. Staal had a 75% FO% as well.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I didn't get to watch last night's game, but statistically, it looks like Staal's line was dominant. Was that really the case?

13CF, 1CA; 6SF, 1SA; 1GF, 0GA; .41xGF, 0xGA; 5SCF, 0SCA; 3 HDCF, 0 HDCA. Staal had a 75% FO% as well.
Honestly I'm not sure they spent any time in our own zone, seemed like every single shift of theirs was a solid 45 seconds of sustained offensive zone time. So yes the eye test backs up that line being dominant.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The team welcomes back a goalie who hasn't played in ages (Andersen) and win 5 straight starts (albeit, he didn't finish the 5th). They win a game and take a very emotional hit losing Pacioretty, who fought so hard to come back, and also losing their #1 D, Slavin. Then in this game, they lose their starting goalie and overcome a 1 goal deficit to win in OT, going 5-0-1 in their last 6 games, with some different faces, new D pairings and switching goalies mid game.

I think we as fans like to point out that the team struggles with adversity/mental toughness when the team loses a few, but fail to acknowledge how well they handle it when they win a few while fighting through adversity.

True, and it was great. But it's because Jordan had one of those rare games where he got mad and started knocking guys down, and Pesce went to town. Usually they don't respond to aggression like that.

I imagine that if Jordon Staal had the demeanor of Milan Lucic, that would have had a huge impact over the years.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
True, and it was great. But it's because Jordan had one of those rare games where he got mad and started knocking guys down, and Pesce went to town. Usually they don't respond to aggression like that.

I imagine that if Jordon Staal had the demeanor of Milan Lucic, that would have had a huge impact over the years.
It’s hard to be an effective two way forward when you spend half your time in the penalty box. Also he’d be retired by now

To be fair to the security guys, they probably weren't expecting an owner looking like he's ready for an outdoor run.
This is Dallas. Doesn’t Mark Cuban own the mavs?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
To be fair, probably 100% of Texans and 90% of Americans would recognize Mark Cuban. Probably less than 20% of Texans and 1% of Americans would recognize Tom Dundon. I never heard of the guy until he bought the Canes.

Correct. Cuban was a household (at least compared to Dundon) name prior to buying the Mavericks.

I too had no clue who Dundon was prior to his arrival here.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad