GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.3 (1.25)

Is "Jordo" sasquatch

• Total voters

whiskers

Aug 2, 2018
lol i jsut notice , why arent we wearing white , did they change the home/away rules?

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
lol i jsut notice , why arent we wearing white , did they change the home/away rules?
They loosened it up a number of years ago so that teams could wear white at home with the consent of the visiting team. The color at home was in large part due to logistics so teams didn't have to carry two sets of jerseys on the road since 3rds were near universally dark jerseys, but if it's a one game road trip for the team, it's not an issue. Bettman actually wanted to allow teams to wear whatever they wanted at home all the time since the original switch was in an era where most teams still flew commercial rather than today's charters, but the BoG freaked and this was the compromise.

There's no way those are the reverse retros right? Isn't that what they always wear?
Oh, there's no mistaking their reverse retros. White pants.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
We've worn our home jerseys several times on the road already.

There's no way those are the reverse retros right? Isn't that what they always wear?
Yes, those are their regular away jerseys.

This is their reverse retro this year:
Stars_Authentic_Reverse_Retro_Wordmark_Jersey_Black_HN6128.jpg

Reactions: cptjeff and Tryamw

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

And he does the pre and post game shows for the Canes on the radio

Ouch

Dunno if I agree with LaJoie being a better option, but I will say Coghlan should not be playing with the Canes right now. He's looked outmatched since Day 1 and really hasn't shown much improvement.

There have been a couple rumors that the Canes are poking around bringing back Edmundson, I'd be game for that option.

If we're talking former Canes, the big D man playing for the opposing team tonight was a favorite of mine.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Can’t someone interviewing Rod ask about Freddie? Cmon journalists.

Here, I’ll give you the basic gist of what his answer will be:

”I haven’t had a chance to sit down and get an evaluation on him yet. Obviously, he wasn’t feeling right tonight and we had Rants waiting in the wing, so we took Freddie out. We’ll find out more tomorrow.”

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Clearly the Canes FO like Edmundson more than public analytics do, if the rumors are true. I would trust the Canes here, honestly, if they choose to re-acquire him. I've learned too many times that it's a good idea to stay away from trusting my opinion too much.
I wouldn't be furious if we got him, price pending. Just not a player I feel a huge need to bring back either. I think he's a meh fit.

I trust the front office as much as anyone, but I just think there would be better ways to spend cap space and assets.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I wouldn't be furious if we got him, price pending. Just not a player I feel a huge need to bring back either. I think he's a meh fit.

I trust the front office as much as anyone, but I just think there would be better ways to spend cap space and assets.

"Furious" is crazy lol. Their work has led to the 2nd best record in hockey so far. I won't get bothered with any deadline outcome at this point. At the very least, they're going to acquire some sort of goal scorer and/or centerman with $8.5M in cap. It won't just be a 3rd-pair lefty.

Reactions: cptjeff and zman77

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
"Furious" is crazy lol. Their work has led to the 2nd best record in hockey so far. I won't get bothered with any deadline outcome at this point.
Did you miss the I wouldn't be part? I'm fairly level headed and tend to go with the flow of what the front office does.

I can still have opinions that differ from the front office even if I give them a give benefit of the doubt on pretty much everything.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Did you miss the I wouldn't be part? I'm fairly level headed and tend to go with the flow of what the front office does.

I can still have opinions that differ from the front office even if I give them a give benefit of the doubt on pretty much everything.

I mean, personally, if the only deadline move was a bottom-pair lefty, that would be a disappointment lol. But with $8.5M in cap space, I'm pretty sure that won't be the only move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad