GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.2 (1.21)

Where does Donny Wadds get his turtlenecks?

• Total voters

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Suzuki has scored his 6th in his 14th AHL game this year. his shooting percentage is a very sustainable 42.9%

The talent and work ethic was always there with Ryan. The question is the eye injury that he took after his draft year. It's an encouraging sign that he's starting to play well in the A.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
It's unfortunately the truth though. His skating is what holds him back. If you think I'm the only one who has that opinion, you should listen to some analysts outside of Carolina's umbrella.
Which ones, the ones in Quebec?

If you don’t see the year over year improvement then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s clearly not League best but yet is much improved.

Chatfield with 20 minutes and not in his natural position. Good job!!!

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Which ones, the ones in Quebec?

If you don’t see the year over year improvement then I don’t know what to tell you. It’s clearly not League best but yet is much improved.

Chatfield with 20 minutes and not in his natural position. Good job!!!

Not saying it hasn't improved some. He's improved a lot defensively though, which is serving him well especially in his current capacity. His skating has been talked about, written about, etc etc since his draft year. He's perpetually in the "he can improve" zone. However, if you look at clips from his first year in the NHL to now it really isn't a significant difference.

Obviously we're in 2 different camps on him. Yes he's young but this is his 5th season in the NHL. Players enter the league on their ability to skate, and it's generally not the other way around.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The funny thing about +/- is that it's still widely used, just in a different form; GF% and xGF% is adjusted +/- in percentage form. It doesn't mean much as an individual metric, but as a line/pairing stat, it's relevant.

Reactions: Tryamw and zman77

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
i know, i know. but Chatfield +4 today. Burns +3.

Also set a career-high in ice time for Chatsy. He really didn’t look at all out of place next to Burns.

Coghlan, on the other hand, still faces the same issue that he’s going to struggle to overcome. Namely, he’s too slow to play in this league. Even with his limited ice time, he’s good to get turned and burned at least once a game, it seems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad