GDT: Unsolved Mysteries ep.1 (1.19)

Who done it? (We all know where...in the sauna)

• Total voters

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
i know its a long shot , i just hope they asked Francis about Larsson , the Kraken will not and not make the playoffs
Whether they make it or not, at the deadline, they will almost certainly be in a spot where they are competing for the playoffs. Teams in that spot don't trade their top pairing D. They aren't trading Larsson.

Secondly, the cost to get him would be high because of all those factors and the Canes would be playing him on the bottom pairing. Do we want a $4M bottom pairing D when we have the top 4 already locked in for at least another year? Would he accept a trade to a team (he has a full NTC) that would give him bottom pairing minutes when he's playing top pairing on a good team?

It's not just a long shot, it's a long "ass" shot.

i would trade more piece for him than a rental like Horvat , who would you go for? we need a defensive defensmen not moving one , we have many and next year that defensive D will be there for Morrow or any other young ones without disturbing our top 4
I'm not sure who would be a good candidate, but I'd rather stick with what we have than add Edmundson.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ghost and Gavrikov are both much more realistic targets if we're looking to bolster our defense heading to the playoffs with our cap situation. Larsson ain't happening, not only would Seattle have to miss, but they'd have to falter so badly over the next month that they're about 8+ points out to consider it, now THAT is not happening, especially not in the West.

I'm hoping that St Louis is still considering selling, but they've been playing themselves back into the mix. Tank is just about the best option that's realistic to replace Patches at this point if he's done.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Ghost and Gavrikov are both much more realistic targets if we're looking to bolster our defense heading to the playoffs with our cap situation. Larsson ain't happening, not only would Seattle have to miss, but they'd have to falter so badly over the next month that they're about 8+ points out to consider it, now THAT is not happening, especially not in the West.

I'm hoping that St Louis is still considering selling, but they've been playing themselves back into the mix. Tank is just about the best option that's realistic to replace Patches at this point if he's done.
Ghost is the left handed version of TDA with less skating and less physical play. we could save some cap and prospect capital by letting skjei run the the 2PP and getting a better defender to take over his spot on the PK.

Reactions: Tryamw

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Ghost is the left handed version of TDA with less skating and less physical play. we could save some cap and prospect capital by letting skjei run the the 2PP and getting a better defender to take over his spot on the PK.
He's an impending ufa. I'm not the guys biggest fan but an effective pp2 defenseman is something we've been missing basically since Gardner went down a few years back.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
He's an impending ufa. I'm not the guys biggest fan but an effective pp2 defenseman is something we've been missing basically since Gardner went down a few years back.
It is but I do think we'll give Skjei a longer look at PP QB before we make any moves.

Speaking of the PP, does anyone else think unit #2 looks better than unit #1 right now? I don't know when Rod moved Necas to the 2nd unit. The unit looked really promising. Teuvo, Necas, Noesen, Skjei, and Kotkaniemi has a good mix of skill, elite passing, and shot threats from everybody. To me they played with more purpose when moving the puck. Both our PP goals came as time was expiring last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad