Value of: Unsigned RFA Jason Zucker

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
yes, but it still leaves plenty to be desired imo. He had nowhere to go but up when he entered the league. Changing his jersey number wasnt accidental

Good thing is that he’s still 23. A lot of players don’t even crack the league until that age. Not as worried about his defensive game as most. He is solid 95% of the time, but the other 5% he just makes dumb plays. I agree with you; a lot is left to be desired, but the good thing is as he matures he will get better. Dumba was the right move, but I would rather have haula/tuch than Brodin. That being said, neither would’ve flourished with koivu, parise and the other dinosaurs taking all the minutes.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
What would Minnesota add to Zucker for O’Reilly. Preferably a forward. Buffalo could do something around O’Reilly & one of McCabe/Girgensons/Larsson as a bit of filler.

I swear every thread has a buffalo fan trying to get a mcdavid caliber return for o’rielly(exaggerated but you get my point). If he’s so great then why are you all trying to ship him out?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker had a fantastic year, and was shutdown( along with others) in 5 playoff games against a superior team who is beating everyone right now.

he is the fastest guy on the Wild, and probably the purest goal scorer, with apologies to Staal. He is exactly what MN needs...some punch for a punchless forward group, and we want to send him away because of a lackluster 5 games? There have been many, many really good to great players who have come up dry come playoff time in short periods. Oshie is one, Ovi, another. Hell, the all time greats gets slumps.

If MN trades Zucker away, it sure as hell better be for someone damn good. Wild already look slower since losing Haula. Losing Zucker would make them look like sloth like.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
The reason for the thread was to gain perspective on potential return. Plus I’m of the opinion that a dman can’t be traded and there’s no way we go into next year with the same exact team.

alwaysBlue

Jan 17, 2018
I think the Blues would be interested, possibly in Coyle as well. Would y'all do:

Zucker
Coyle

for

Steen
One of Kostin/Thompson
Schmaltz
WPG 2018 1st

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Zucker would be a perfect addition for the Flyers considering they need a top 6 LW and more speed. They don't really have much that makes sense for them to offer up other than the 14th and 19th picks and Simmonds though and I doubt that makes Minny and Philly good trade partners here.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Steen is 34, has seen his production dip from 64 to 52, to 51, to 46 over the last four seasons, and carries a 5.7 million cap hit for three more years. Why would anyone want to trade for him.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Steen is the cap offset who'll fill in top 6. Kostin/Thompson+ 1st is probably the main part.
That’s an extremely low ball offer for Zucker+Coyle. I’d question whether or not Kostin/Thompson + late 1st for one of the two would even be considered. Probably not.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I swear every thread has a buffalo fan trying to get a mcdavid caliber return for o’rielly(exaggerated but you get my point). If he’s so great then why are you all trying to ship him out?

Honestly for me, it’s not that I nexesssrily WANT to get rid of him. It’s the fact that our core has done nothing yet, needs change and Reinhart is too young and has more upside, and we can’t trade our 6’4” RHD in Risto. To me I think they’ll see O’Reilly as the most viable option especially with Mittelstadt coming along.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Honestly for me, it’s not that I nexesssrily WANT to get rid of him. It’s the fact that our core has done nothing yet, needs change and Reinhart is too young and has more upside, and we can’t trade our 6’4” RHD in Risto. To me I think they’ll see O’Reilly as the most viable option especially with Mittelstadt coming along.

We’ll take mitty off your hands if you want to keep o’rielly:)

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Zucker would be a perfect addition for the Flyers considering they need a top 6 LW and more speed. They don't really have much that makes sense for them to offer up other than the 14th and 19th picks and Simmonds though and I doubt that makes Minny and Philly good trade partners here.

We’ll take Hart

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad