Value of: Unsigned RFA Jason Zucker

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
What would you offer for the speedy goal scorer?

I keep looking at all the players on Minnesota and I think he is the most likely to be traded since he needs a contract and reinforcements are near NHL ready (Greenway, Kunin).

Needs: Young centers, right wingers

Minnesota’s lines for reference purposes:

Nino-Staal-Granlund
Parise-Koivu-Coyle
Greenway-Eriksson Ek-Kunin
4th

Suter-Spurgeon
Brodin-Dumba
Seeler-Prosser

Fire away.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Moving Zucker hurts more than it helps imo....and MIN already screwed the pooch a bit when it came to who they protected in the expansion draft

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Moving Zucker hurts more than it helps imo....and MIN already screwed the pooch a bit when it came to who they protected in the expansion draft
You mean who they traded so they could protect everyone they wanted?
Minnesota can’t go into next season with the same setup and expect a different result.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
You mean who they traded so they could protect everyone they wanted?
Minnesota can’t go into next season with the same setup and expect a different result.
then having the Marty Schottenheimer of NHL coaches isnt where you want to be. I think they held on to Koivu for too long. I question whether keeping Dumba was the right move as well

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
then having the Marty Schottenheimer of NHL coaches isnt where you want to be. I think they held on to Koivu for too long. I question whether keeping Dumba was the right move as well
Keeping Dumba seems to be far and away the right choice at this moment. 50pt 23 yr old RHD don’t grow on trees. The debate as to whether or not letting Vegas choose between Brodin/Scandella or doing the original plan is a close on. Everyone was happy till Fletcher went and screwed up on the Scandella trade.

Reactions: stl76

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Keeping Dumba seems to be far and away the right choice at this moment. 50pt 23 yr old RHD don’t grow on trees. The debate as to whether or not letting Vegas choose between Brodin/Scandella or doing the original plan is a close on. Everyone was happy till Fletcher went and screwed up on the Scandella trade.

Everyone is always quick to point to the score sheet but its the rest of Dumba's game that im not a fan of...but I concur that young right handed shots with offensive upside arent easy to find. And yes, the Scandella trade was an absolute albatross

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Everyone is always quick to point to the score sheet but its the rest of Dumba's game that im not a fan of...but I concur that young right handed shots with offensive upside arent easy to find. And yes, the Scandella trade was an absolute albatross
Dumba’s defense has gotten way better.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
What would Minnesota add to Zucker for O’Reilly. Preferably a forward. Buffalo could do something around O’Reilly & one of McCabe/Girgensons/Larsson as a bit of filler.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What would Minnesota add to Zucker for O’Reilly. Preferably a forward. Buffalo could do something around O’Reilly & one of McCabe/Girgensons/Larsson as a bit of filler.
I guess we could add Coyle, but I'm not sure how well that sets us up going forward...

Nino - Staal - Granlund
Parise - O'Reilly - Kunin?
Greenway? - Koivu - Anas/Rau/Mitchell?
Foligno - Eriksson-Ek - Winnik?

Maybe at that point we look at trading Staal for a RW? I don't know. I don't love it, and I suspect most Sabres fans will strongly dislike it.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I guess we could add Coyle, but I'm not sure how well that sets us up going forward...

Nino - Staal - Granlund
Parise - O'Reilly - Kunin?
Greenway? - Koivu - Anas/Rau/Mitchell?
Foligno - Eriksson-Ek - Winnik?

Maybe at that point we look at trading Staal for a RW? I don't know. I don't love it, and I suspect most Sabres fans will strongly dislike it.

Probably. Is there any chance Ericsson Ek could be available?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Probably. Is there any chance Ericsson Ek could be available?
If we're trading for O'Reilly I guess it could make sense to do Zucker + Ek. I think Ek's going to be a very good player, but O'Reilly already is one and he'll probably be one for another 7-ish years. Eventually we'd need to line up a replacement for Staal, but we have that problem regardless. Worst case maybe we just move Coyle to center full time.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
If we're trading for O'Reilly I guess it could make sense to do Zucker + Ek. I think Ek's going to be a very good player, but O'Reilly already is one and he'll probably be one for another 7-ish years. Eventually we'd need to line up a replacement for Staal, but we have that problem regardless. Worst case maybe we just move Coyle to center full time.
I call JEE Baby Zetterberg. Think he'll be a good one with some more opportunity. MIN needs to get back in Kaprizov's good graces. Not sure I like trading those 2 for ROR

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I call JEE Baby Zetterberg. Think he'll be a good one with some more opportunity. MIN needs to get back in Kaprizov's good graces
Minnesota and Kaprizov seem fine at this point. I guess the new GM will have to ensure things stay that way, but I don't really have concerns about him coming over once his contract is up.

I like Eriksson-Ek a lot, and if there's something that really scares me off of that deal it's that I feel like he's going to take a big step next year. Selling him now feels like a mistake unless we think O'Reilly is the piece that solves our current puzzle, and I'm really not sure that he is.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
Minnesota and Kaprizov seem fine at this point. I guess the new GM will have to ensure things stay that way, but I don't really have concerns about him coming over once his contract is up.

I like Eriksson-Ek a lot, and if there's something that really scares me off of that deal it's that I feel like he's going to take a big step next year. Selling him now feels like a mistake unless we think O'Reilly is the piece that solves our current puzzle, and I'm really not sure that he is.
Having Kaprizov now would be a HUGE boost. Id be more concerned with adding some defensive upgrades vs a ROR trade though. And finding someone to take the remnants of the Scandella disaster (or buy them out). Could use the extra cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad