Value of: Unsigned Mark Stone to Flames at TDL

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Lets not beat Ottawa down too much here. Seriously, those guys have dealt with enough ****. I could see the 1st being conditional on him re-signing, but I doubt Ottawa accepts that.
Maybe people should imagine their own team in such a shambles before piling on.

Reactions: derriko

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I am not sure Calgary is the team that should be doing that, not after being without a 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 5th last year. Is it really a good idea to trade another 1st++?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Maybe people should imagine their own team in such a shambles before piling on.

My team has been, and until they show the slightest sign of progress and sustain it Buffalo currently is, the NYI are also about to join them.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I think Duchene would make more sense for the Flames. That'll enable us to drop Backlund down to 3C, where he belongs. Matt Duchene for one of our D prospects not named Valimaki + a conditional draft pick.

Come on Melnyk, you know you want to! ;)

So you would give up Andersson or Fox? What about Dube?

I would be thrilled to get Andersson. I think he’s a pretty damn good bet to be a plus top 4 defender. Dube makes sense if they are trading away a center, to get one back.

I think if Ottawa rebuilds the right way by burning it to the ground and moves anyone without multiple years of team control left, I would be happy with one of those 3 as the headline of the deal coming to Ott.

Wouldn’t need much else coming back in addition. A couple 3rds or lower end prospects. I don’t know if I’d classify any of those guys above as a blue chipper, but they are sure fire NHL talents.

I browsed Calgary’s cap, and it doesn’t look like you guys have any bad contracts really. If Ottawa trades everyone including Stone, they probably need some cap coming back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad