Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I think Owens and Sami are both better than him. I would consider Bliss and Samoa Joe better than him too. If Wyatt is near the top then it's by attrition. As I said, Wyatt can technically talk, I've seen and heard it. Can I remember any actually good Wyatt promos? Not off the top of my head. I hope the new character can tell us if he can actually tell a story through talking or not, or if he's just resting on his madman laurels that get pretty old pretty quick.

Between mine and your posts I'd say we got Bryan, Miz, Owens, Zayn, Bliss, and Joe better than Wyatt. That's 6 ;)

Her "talk show" is usually the low point of any show, though. She's not Nia Jax out there or anything, but I wouldn't say she can carry a crowd like the others on that list.

Reactions: iamjs

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
Her "talk show" is usually the low point of any show, though. She's not Nia Jax out there or anything, but I wouldn't say she can carry a crowd like the others on that list.
The talk show format isn't good, no, but she's generally good in them. Prior to that she was pretty much always a good promo since being on the main roster. As been noted in this thread by Jack, she'd make a great mouthpiece manager.
Right now she's a great talker slumming it in an outdated talk show segment.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I think Owens and Sami are both better than him. I would consider Bliss and Samoa Joe better than him too. If Wyatt is near the top then it's by attrition. As I said, Wyatt can technically talk, I've seen and heard it. Can I remember any actually good Wyatt promos? Not off the top of my head. I hope the new character can tell us if he can actually tell a story through talking or not, or if he's just resting on his madman laurels that get pretty old pretty quick.

Between mine and your posts I'd say we got Bryan, Miz, Owens, Zayn, Bliss, and Joe better than Wyatt. That's 6 ;)
I absolutely disagree.

The Miss Teacher Lady promo was one of the best in recent memory.

Fans went from chanting “What?” To basically giving him a Standing Ovation.

Wyatt is the best talker in the company, and I bet he will be even better in his new role. I can’t remember Bray ever even stumbling on a word. He’s incredible.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Miss Teacher Lady is honestly my favourite promo I've seen of this generation.

Nobody on the current WWE roster can touch Bray on delivery. I don't even think it's close. Him being constantly being booked to lose DID remove a lot of his mystique and cool factor but his delivery was still unparalleled.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Miss Teacher Lady is honestly my favourite promo I've seen of this generation.

Nobody on the current WWE roster can touch Bray on delivery. I don't even think it's close. Him being constantly being booked to lose DID remove a lot of his mystique and cool factor but his delivery was still unparalleled.
I think the only one who can touch him in delivery is Samoa Joe. Those two are head and shoulders above the rest though of the current crop.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Alexia Bliss is in no way shape or form a better promo then Bray.

People overrate Bray a lot on here, but the guy can deliver a promo. Even when it’s content is literal nonsense, he still delivers it well enough to come off as convincing.

I think one of Bray’s biggest problems is he is a gimmick in a realty era. Once the competitors start to no sell the gimmick, either by winning feuds, or straight sand bagging him, it falls apart.

Bliss is the most overrated promo on the Internet. Her talk only segments have been god awful for months. Her “best” promos are bascially the same promo cut on different people, and she has to verbally bury folks to get over ala Steph.

Reactions: Jussi and iamjs

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I would say Bryan is the best promo in the company with Joe, KO, Bray, and Sami forming a top 5.

It’s so rare to find a guy that can cut really good white meat babyface promos AND heel promos that make you completely hate him.

I think Cena is an underrated talker. Roman and Seth are equally bad babyface talkers to me. I beat Roman could cut an excellent heel promo though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Cena’s command over the great is something no one can touch. Cena could swing the crowd back to caring about what he was saying like no one else in this era.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I am still waiting to be blown away by Kenny Omega.

Something about Cody a Rhodes and The Young Bucks makes me want to smack them.

I’ve always found Kurt Angle to be boring and bland.

Power and Glory were an underrated team and should’ve beaten The Hart Foundation for the Tag Titles at WM7.

ECW never did much for me outside a few isolated matches.

Vince Russo makes a lot more sense than people realize, but he comes off as such a douche, and goes so far off the rails, it gets lost in the mix.

Always liked Demolition more than the Road Warriors.

WWF failed to support Warrior as champion, more than Warrior failed WWF in the role.

Tito Santana was the best IC champ of the 80s.

Waylon Mercy was a great character that was 20 years too soon for the audience, and 10 years too late for Dan Spivey.

Nattie has the best working punches in the business.

The Hart Foundation were the best tag team of the 80s.

If Vince McMahon did everything the Internet or the talent wanted, most of them would still not be able to get over and the product wouldn’t be any better.

Enzo was an underrated seller. Few people sold ass kickings like he did.

I liked Jake the Snake better as a face.

I loved old school battle royales and the Royal Rumble. Back then it was the only time you’d see certain guys in the ring at the same time - for example, Bret Hart and Kerry Von Erich trading punches, Demolition going at it, Etc.

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Undertaker's streak was not very good, in both a quality sense and a booking sense. Most of the matches were not good. It's something that WWE fell into, even though it made no sense for that particular wrestler, and it brought about lazy storytelling near the end.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I actually think Baron Corbin is good at his job. His stuff looks like it hurts and he gets heat. There's room for old school jerk heels.

I don't disagree with this.

If he was used less frequently or in a lesser capacity there would be no reason to hate whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: IceColdOx

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I don't mind Corbin in terms of his move set and his promos but I hate the ring gear. He doesn't have McIntyre's physique but even he couldn't pull off the bartender at the local steakhouse who plays in a band on the weekend gimmick.

Reactions: ShelbyZ

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
With what's been said about Vince and the current state of the company, I don't feel sorry for anyone who signs with them going forward and later wants to leave. If you haven't figured out what they are, that's your fault.

With Moxley airing out Vince's terrible sense of humor and the clunky writing process...any indie wrestler that wants to chase the paycheck and go to WWE...don't say other guys haven't warned you.

I think with AEW and other options out there, guys (and gals) are hopefully thinking long and hard about not jumping at the first chance they can sign with WWE. I don't know how signing with them right now sounds the slightest bit appealing.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
With what's been said about Vince and the current state of the company, I don't feel sorry for anyone who signs with them going forward and later wants to leave. If you haven't figured out what they are, that's your fault.

With Moxley airing out Vince's terrible sense of humor and the clunky writing process...any indie wrestler that wants to chase the paycheck and go to WWE...don't say other guys haven't warned you.

I think with AEW and other options out there, guys (and gals) are hopefully thinking long and hard about not jumping at the first chance they can sign with WWE. I don't know how signing with them right now sounds the slightest bit appealing.

I wish ROH would get more aggressive with disgruntled stars. Everyone seems to be forgetting about them.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
you kinda want to forget about them after their MSG show.... dumb ass crap they pulled.
at least they have NJPW to work with.

IceColdOx

Jan 29, 2019
Watertown, NY
I don't disagree with this.

If he was used less frequently or in a lesser capacity there would be no reason to hate whatsoever.

The worst thing they did was turning him into Corporate Bootlicker #43. The Lone Wolf was interesting. I liked the idea of him and KO having a feud on SD a couple years ago.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I liked Stone Cold Steve Austins heel work
I was a fan and bought his shirt when WWF was here in Edmonton. It was during the Canada vs USA angle.

I never was threatened by so many people in my life. Being Canadian you were suppose to be a Hart fan. I essentially said f*** that as he was from CGY and they were our enemy in every sporting event.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Will Ospreay and Shingo Takagi had one of the three best matches I’ve ever seen Wednesday

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I liked Stone Cold Steve Austins heel work

Same here.

His early heel work from mid-1996 until he turned face post WM 13 was just so raw and unfiltered, I thought that version of the character was incredible.

Hated the execution of his heel turn in 2001 (Austin joining Vince was completely unrealistic and the best stories in wrestling have a ting of realism), but ultimately it gave his character the shot in the arm it needed to get through to end of his full-time run in the spring of 2002. His work as the lead heel while with the WCW/ECW Alliance was excellent stuff and really underrated. Part of that to me is the WWE in general has glossed over the Invasion angle in it's entirety as if it never happened.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think that anyone dislikes 1996-1997 heel Austin, which is probably the best Austin. People dislike post Wrestlemania 17 heel Austin, but he was still good as a heel. It just wasn't what most wanted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad