Unpopular Opinions 2023-24

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
my unpopular opinion is that pettersson isn't injured he just has compete issues. this is like the 3rd or 4th stretch in his career where he has looked like this for an extended period and i don't think any of them were definitively tied to any particular injuries. i'm beginning to think this is just the player he is
This is one of those rare, truly unpopular opinions that make you pause. His body language has always been pretty wack. Good post.

Reactions: TropicOfNoReturn

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
EP's famous wrist injury has been blamed for him having the balance of a drunk toddler in 3 separate seasons, and refuse to shoot on the PP in 4 consecutive seasons, despite one of those being before said injury.

Buyer beware giving him a mega contract.

• Haha
Reactions: Bgav

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
my unpopular opinion is that pettersson isn't injured he just has compete issues. this is like the 3rd or 4th stretch in his career where he has looked like this for an extended period and i don't think any of them were definitively tied to any particular injuries. i'm beginning to think this is just the player he is

Could be.

But to me it seems more like some sort of maturity / very fragile confidence issue. When things are going well he looks like a world beater but as soon as he has a bad game or two he looks likes a kid that had his toys taken away.

I think (hope) it'll get better with age.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
Here's one for ya: the PP drop pass is incredibly based. I watch other teams dump and chase on their powerplay and they just spew away possession constantly (*cough* Vegas). One reason why our powerplay is so efficient is because we are elite at entering the zone with possession, and the drop pass lets us freeze the defense in place while we gather speed. We have so many weapons to enter with between Miller's passing, Pettersson's dangles, or Hughes's skating, that adding speed into the equation makes it almost free.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Here's one for ya: the PP drop pass is incredibly based. I watch other teams dump and chase on their powerplay and they just spew away possession constantly (*cough* Vegas). One reason why our powerplay is so efficient is because we are elite at entering the zone with possession, and the drop pass lets us freeze the defense in place while we gather speed. We have so many weapons to enter with between Miller's passing, Pettersson's dangles, or Hughes's skating, that adding speed into the equation makes it almost free.
This is a good one, considering how bad of a reputation it's developed here. You're totally right, and it's something I haven't seen too many comment on.

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
The drop pass has a bad rep here because Edler was so awful at it.

Our current unit still misses Horvat for entry and finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad