Undrafted players

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
More elaboration is needed with this.

He's a tremendous athlete that has a lot of pro calibre tools, but he doesn't look to have it between the ears yet. Kid is a big body that throws his weight around and is an excellent skater. I was shocked to see him not get picked, even late. He's a project, but to go undrafted... wow.

Glad to here he is at least getting a look, and with Montreal! :handclap:
Pretty much this. His vision is poor and he's prone to making bad decisions with and without the puck. He's strong and mobile - those are the two compliments I'll lend to Murphy. I'm certainly going to keep an open-mind when watching him next season but I am not as surprised as you are that he didn't get drafted. Matter-of-fact, I'm more surprised that Weegar went as late as he did.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I wonder how embarrassed Harper feels that Crisp was drafted and he wasn't. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will (besides maybe oil pipelines).

Had to see if anyone else caught this, as I just got that deep into it. Harper was literally the only player from the CHL Top Prospect game not drafted, and yet his teammate, Crisp, goes from completely off the radar to 71st overall?!?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Pretty much this. His vision is poor and he's prone to making bad decisions with and without the puck. He's strong and mobile - those are the two compliments I'll lend to Murphy. I'm certainly going to keep an open-mind when watching him next season but I am not as surprised as you are that he didn't get drafted. Matter-of-fact, I'm more surprised that Weegar went as late as he did.

Murphy is all tools and no toolbox IMO. Not shocked he didn't get drafted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad