Undrafted players

Uwey

Jun 10, 2006
Lunenburg, NS
Matt Murphy of the Mooseheads. A 6'2", 200 lbs D-man with above average wheels & the ability to jump up & lead the atttack.

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Any players that were not selected that you think the Habs should look at or offer a tryout? A few that come to mind for me:

Stephen Harper
Etchegary
Evan Allan
Doetzel
Avery Peterson

According to RDS, 6 players.

Il s’agit des gardiens Philippe Cadorette (Baie-Comeau) et Louis-Philip Guindon (Drummondville), des défenseurs Matt Murphy (Halifax) et Maxime Gravel (Rimouski), ainsi que des attaquants Jean-Sébastien Dea (Rouyn-Noranda) et Peter Trainor (Rimouski)

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/six-invités-au-camp-du-ch-1.637277

Oops to slow.

Last edited:

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
According to RDS, 6 players.

Il s’agit des gardiens Philippe Cadorette (Baie-Comeau) et Louis-Philip Guindon (Drummondville), des défenseurs Matt Murphy (Halifax) et Maxime Gravel (Rimouski), ainsi que des attaquants Jean-Sébastien Dea (Rouyn-Noranda) et Peter Trainor (Rimouski)

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/canadiens/six-invités-au-camp-du-ch-1.637277

Oops to slow.

Thanks. Anybody have anything to say about these kids? I'd be interested in hearing it.

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Sergei Tolchinsky shoukd get a look. Very surprised he wasnt drafted. He is small, but highly skilled. This year should be a breakout year for him in junior. Ive seen him olay, worth a shot no question.

PricePkPatch*

Any players that were not selected that you think the Habs should look at or offer a tryout? A few that come to mind for me:

Stephen Harper

Etchegary
Evan Allan
Doetzel
Avery Peterson

A player with that name will never be popular in montreal.. :naughty:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Just realized Betzgold wasn't chosen yesterday....:amazed: Was worth at least a 7th rounder...Hoping to see him being invited....but seems the Leafs might have done it already...

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Stephen Harper
Etchegary
Evan Allan
Doetzel
Avery Peterson

Peterson was picked yesterday. 167th by the Wild.

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
Etchegary is going to the Avs camp is he not?

I too expected Coughlin to be invited...

Still no Stefan Fournier anywhere?

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Mark Edwards ‏@MarkEdwardsHP 2m

Just got a text, Greg Betzold is going to #Blues Dev camp and Traverse City tourney. Happy for him. Deserved to be drafted IMO.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I wonder how embarrassed Harper feels that Crisp was drafted and he wasn't. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will (besides maybe oil pipelines).

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I wonder how embarrassed Harper feels that Crisp was drafted and he wasn't. If that doesn't wake him up, nothing will (besides maybe oil pipelines).

I never understood why Harper was ranked as high as he was for so long...in my viewings he never brought anything to the table.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Hope we Sign Murphy to a Try out. He seems like a good player to have down in Hamilton. Annnndddd he has my last name so of course he is that much better than everyone else :sarcasm:

saintflannel

Oct 6, 2011
Matt Murphy isn't that great. Or at least he wasn't when I saw him the dozen-or-so times that I did lol.

TA1 Sports

@TA_Stephenson
Dec 3, 2011
Halifax NS
www.ta1sports.com
Matt Murphy isn't that great. Or at least he wasn't when I saw him the dozen-or-so times that I did lol.

More elaboration is needed with this.

He's a tremendous athlete that has a lot of pro calibre tools, but he doesn't look to have it between the ears yet. Kid is a big body that throws his weight around and is an excellent skater. I was shocked to see him not get picked, even late. He's a project, but to go undrafted... wow.

Glad to here he is at least getting a look, and with Montreal! :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->