WWE: Undertaker telling people WM32 was his last match

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah I still think Cena-Taker will headline 33. Taker deserves a proper send off, and he's gotta know that the Shane match wasn't good and shouldn't be the match that he goes out on. Vince and Taker will figure something out for next year

This may sound kind of strange, but I wonder if Taker's increased schedule last year played a part in him currently wanting to retire, he went from working once a year to what...4 PPV's in 2015? I mean I know 4 isn't a lot by any means but I could see that impacting things, especially when he's 50 years old and worked those stiff matches with Brock

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
There was a week between Edge's last match and his retirement. I'm fairly certain he and the WWE didn't know the severity of things when he went into Mania.

I think they had a pretty good idea. Most of the build up to the match was ADR vs Christian anyways, and Edge winning made no sense. It seemed like they changed the result at the last minute. Plus, on the day of Wrestlemania they changed the narrative of the match to "Edge has never won a title match at Wrestlemania". I am convinced he was scheduled to lose the match but they changed it once they realized it was likely going to be his final one.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
There was a week between Edge's last match and his retirement. I'm fairly certain he and the WWE didn't know the severity of things when he went into Mania.

Edge said on Jericho's podcast that WWE knew the extent of his injury before Mania.
Apparently...
Beth Phoenix told him that when he had his match at Wrestlemania...
The top brass all gathered around the monitor backstage...
And watched nervously...
As if they are fearful of something...
And hope nothing will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad