WWE: Undertaker telling people WM32 was his last match

Oct 18, 2011
Source: The Wrestling Observer

The Undertaker was telling people backstage at WrestleMania and at the after party that his match against Shane McMahon was his last. ‘Taker defeated Shane McMahon at the event in a Hell in a Cell match.

It is important to note, however, that ‘Taker has said similar things after WrestleMania in past years and we all know what has happened. Most expect him to be back for “at least” one more WrestleMania before he retires.
IF true, WWE did a VERY poor job of building it up

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
As the report says, he says this every year.

I think next year he'll work with Cena and that will be it.

Oct 18, 2011
well i am planning on going to 33 next year as there's many things i want to do in orlando for vacation so....i hope its not true

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I personally do not care. Love the guy, but just end it. He's really not that good in the ring at this point and unless he gives us like a real reason to invest, I am bored with the deadman character.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I personally do not care. Love the guy, but just end it. He's really not that good in the ring at this point and unless he gives us like a real reason to invest, I am bored with the deadman character.

I thought him vs. Brock HIAC was good. I can't help it, but I don't think I will ever get sick of Taker. Especially since you know that he's done soon, I am going to enjoy his last couple matches, even if they are at a slow pace.

Rexy

May 2, 2012
London, Ontario
the HIAC against Triple H should have been his last. How do you bill the match "An End of an Era" and then they both continue to wrestle?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Haven't watched wrestling or Taker in years but I'm sure he has one more match left in him.

It'll be a sad day when he hangs up his boots for good. The guy is a legend.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
After the match he took his gloves off and left them in the ring. Maybe that doesn't mean anything but a few weeks back on Raw he held his fists up (he was wearing the gloves) and said "these are my legacy" to Shane.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Haven't watched wrestling or Taker in years but I'm sure he has one more match left in him.

It'll be a sad day when he hangs up his boots for good. The guy is a legend.

Considering the matches with Brock, he definitely does have one good match with a good wrestler left. Cena is the best choice.

Taker also kind of pulls this "this is my last match" stuff every year. I swear its an attempted work to make us think he isn't coming back when we all know it isn't true.

Vince will literally build all of Mania around Taker's last match once he knows Taker is done. He is his boy, the ultimate company man. I think only HHH and Shawn compare in loyalty to Vince.

Fuzzy Bunny

Mar 5, 2007
You are supposed to go out with a loss unless an unexpected injury ends you career like what happened with Edge. Undertaker needs to end his career on a loss, hopefully to a younger wrestler that needs the career boost.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Undertaker isn't retiring yet. Still want the Cena match to happen, but then is there a point where Vince will want him to retire against Roman Reigns?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Let us add some gas to this fire.

Taker has been removed from the Euro tour dates.

I have a couple of thoughts about this. One being right now Taker thinks he is done but by the summer he will change his mind or get convinced to do one more to go out with a bang in a real match.

Two that this a giant work. There will be a retirement announcement that will lead to someone calling Taker out which will lead to his final match.

Three. This is much ado about nothing. He isn't done. He is just going on his usual break and status quo reigns supreme.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Let us add some gas to this fire.

Taker has been removed from the Euro tour dates.

I have a couple of thoughts about this. One being right now Taker thinks he is done but by the summer he will change his mind or get convinced to do one more to go out with a bang in a real match.

Two that this a giant work. There will be a retirement announcement that will lead to someone calling Taker out which will lead to his final match.

Three. This is much ado about nothing. He isn't done. He is just going on his usual break and status quo reigns supreme.

He's still listed for Smackdown and one more date last I checked. He's not completely pulled.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Retire the Undertaker character and return as Master of Pain.

"...you'll be thankful."

Oct 18, 2011
if that was takers last match WWE missed a massive opportunity to monetize it
my guess is they will get him to do one more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad