Speculation: underrated remaining UFAs

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
It's reported that Mtl and Pittsburg have interest. I guess it's more about him taking his time to chose, or wanting more terms (2-3 years and one-way)
Pit may have some trouble with cap. I don’t think they have the room anymore after that Johnson contract along with all of the other small signings.

He’s be good in MTL. Probably help their top 6. They just don’t have a C to help him out.

If I had to take a guess... PHI, CAR, FLA, DAL, VAN, and EDM May try and y’all to him. He could help all those teams out

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not a bad idea. He has completely fallen off offensively, but he's still exceptionally smart defensively.

Ya, I'd say Enstrom's the best defender left on the UFA market. Not too much competition, really.

There's a couple underrated blueliners, too. Folin has been mentioned, Davidson is another. I actually think Jason Garrisson still has game, but he was buried in Vegas and had a silly contract.

SwissGrog

Oct 10, 2012
What are your thoughts on Sbisa? Played quite well until November/injury wore an A on a finals team... Yes he had that horrible turnover but are there teams that could benefit from him? Or will be going back to NLA/KHL?

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Enstrom's easily the best guy out there at this point, but I'm not sure he doesn't just simply return to Sweden considering the health issue in his family.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I'm not saying he's underrated, but I'm a little surprised Patrick Maroon is still unsigned. Some teams likely going to get him for dirt cheap.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
No room for him in Los Angeles anymore? Is there a logjam at the D? Just curious.
Drew Doughty, Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez, Dion Phaneuf, Paul LaDue, Oscar Fantenberg, Kurtis MacDermid, and potentially Slava Voynov.

It's unfortunate because he's a really good #5 RHD to have.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
Drew Doughty, Jake Muzzin, Alec Martinez, Dion Phaneuf, Paul LaDue, Oscar Fantenberg, Kurtis MacDermid, and potentially Slava Voynov.

It's unfortunate because he's a really good #5 RHD to have.

OK, thanks for the info! I don’t see much of the Kings, and am really only familiar with their top 4 and the Swedes. And Voynov, if he decides to come back. I think Folin is underrated, hope he finds a spot somewhere.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
echoing the Enstrom mentions

He has lost a step but is still a solid bottom pairing guy imo

LookAtThosePepperoni

I am he who loves all, when I'm in the mood.
Jan 28, 2016
I liked Jerabek for the very limited time I saw him in Washington. I think if given the right situation he could become a cheap and valuable contributor to a team. I wouldn't mind Washington resigning him for their third pair.

Another vote for Duclair as well. I'd love for the Caps to pick him up and give him some time to develop and learn from the veteran forwards we have without the pressure of having to be a top contributor.
Did Jerabek had his name engrave on the cup?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad