Speculation: underrated remaining UFAs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Derek Grant. Most Ducks fans wanted him re-signed. Instead we signed Rowney to a 3 year, $4.3 mil contract. I bet Grant is gonna end up signing with some other team for less.

Tomas Jurco might be another one. It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't get another job in the NHL, though I know many Blackhawks fans wanted him re-signed.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Enstrom. Many Sabres fans want him to come over and be Dahlins defensive partner and mentor.

Easily the best guy available. Whoever gets this guy late in summer or at the start of the season will be happy.

Duclair could potentially find a landing spot. He’s a guy who might benefit from a year overseas too though. It’s a red flag when a guy who scored a tonne of goals very recently isn’t signed a few days into free agency, and there’s no sign that it’s coming down the pike either.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Anthony Duclair is still available.

He underwhelmed the last two years, but he is talented. No one should question that he can be a 20 goal scorer in the right situation. And at only 22 he has a lot of potential.
The potential in that kid is still high... I’m surprised a team hasn’t taken a flyer in him.

He would solidify the flyers B6... but that means Hakstol couldn’t play Lehtera so that won’t happen.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
imo Brandon Davidson, Christian Folin, and Jakub Jerabek are underrated remaining FAs

I liked Jerabek for the very limited time I saw him in Washington. I think if given the right situation he could become a cheap and valuable contributor to a team. I wouldn't mind Washington resigning him for their third pair.

Another vote for Duclair as well. I'd love for the Caps to pick him up and give him some time to develop and learn from the veteran forwards we have without the pressure of having to be a top contributor.

Reactions: iSophagus

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
Anthony Duclair is still available.

He underwhelmed the last two years, but he is talented. No one should question that he can be a 20 goal scorer in the right situation. And at only 22 he has a lot of potential.
Duclair and hosang could be the fastest most skilled worst defensive 3rd line wingers a team could ask for

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
There's a couple worth while goalies still on the market. Kari Lehtonen is a platoon guy, or a backup at worst. And Mason was bought out because of his contract and getting passed in Winnipeg. But he's still a borderline starter. (for a desperate team, I should clarify)

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I could see the Leafs moving someone like Leivo and going after Jurco or Duclair.

Jurco has been with Babcock before. Babs tried to turn him into a bottom 6 guy, who can skate well and has the size to forecheck hard. Maybe now that he has fizzled out as a top 6 guy he will re focus?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Jerabek could be a good bottom pairing option. Looked really solid for Washington down the stretch but had two horrible games against Columbus in the playoffs. Wasn't seen again in a Caps jersey. I think he'll probably go to Europe for next season, though.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
The potential in that kid is still high... I’m surprised a team hasn’t taken a flyer in him.

It's reported that Mtl and Pittsburg have interest. I guess it's more about him taking his time to chose, or wanting more terms (2-3 years and one-way)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad