Under the Radar : Jérémy Grégoire

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
I wouldn't say he's been under the radar. In fact he was on Hockey Canada's radar vefore getting injured and missing half the season which is also a reason why he hasn't had the same type of hype as Hudon has had this year. Audette would be our prospect that's really flying under the radar when you look at his production (he does have a lot of work to do defensively)

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
This guy has all that encompasses a "Marc Bergevin type player". He's a leader, he plays with an edge, he has a ton of character. I think he's going to be another late round steal for us.

Long term projection IMO possibly even a 2nd line forward.

Short term, he'll likely do decent in Hamilton. He's another guy who will likely be able to contribute to our bottom six in the next couple years. Don't be fooled by his draft rank, he has the drive to get to the NHL.

He can but he isn't a fighter.

Mike Keane type?

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
He wasn't supposed to be able to put up those numbers when we drafted him.

Ok, so I'm not fully out to lunch here, hehe!

Also, you mentioned Chipchura in another post - he is slow now but wasn't before his injury. That really set him back, and would have ended careers for a lot of guys.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
That's cause you're not a HF Partner and you don't have an article to feature here. :sarcasm:

Or maybe because he's totally right about it and I should have said "less discussed prospect" instead.

Grégoire isn't under radar in the hockey world, but he kind of is with general fans. That's just what I wanted to say.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Don't like the Bournival comparison, he's no where near as quick but plays a more physical game as he seems to enjoy getting his nose dirty but I'd like to see him work on his skating and foot speed.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
Don't like the Bournival comparison, he's no where near as quick but plays a more physical game as he seems to enjoy getting his nose dirty but I'd like to see him work on his skating and foot speed.

Spot on, IMO.

Really don't see any Bournival in him actually. He's nowhere as quick and simply doesn't play the same game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad