Under the Radar : Jérémy Grégoire

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
A piece I wrote on Jérémy Grégoire, Habs 2013 6th-round draftee on my new blog.

http://www.canadiensdaily.com/2015/02/under-the-radar-prospects-jeremy-gregoire/

...He has 116 points in 113 games with Baie-Comeau and has led his team in almost every single category, last season. This current season started with some misfortune for the newly named captain of the Drakkar diagnosed with a severe wrist injury that kept him out of the lineup until late December. He has played 21 games since his comeback, scoring 14 goals and totalling 30 points....

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
He's a beast. I think his leadership qualities go way under the radar too. Ask some of his teammates what they think of him. Habs may have a real gem here and I'm surprised we don't get more threads about him. For a late pick he could be our next big steal.

68*

One of my favourite prospects. He should be a good 3rd/4th liner.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He has the determination to make it. Saw a training video on him this past summer. He is a beast. Hopefully his skating will become NHL level.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Awesome, I was looking up his stats on hockeydb yesterday (while going through our draft picks) and he seemed to be doing well but I know that stats in Junior don't always translate over to other levels. He's born in September so does that mean that he'll be in the CHL again next year?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Awesome, I was looking up his stats on hockeydb yesterday (while going through our draft picks) and he seemed to be doing well but I know that stats in Junior don't always translate over to other levels. He's born in September so does that mean that he'll be in the CHL again next year?

he should be in the AHL next year, he can play in the Q as an overager if the Habs wanted him to.

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal
Gregoire is also a right-handed shot, which we certainly could use in the bottom-6. It's nice to see guys like De La Rose and Gregoire in our organization with potential to be really good bottom-6 players. We haven't had many of those kinds of guys in recent memory. Nice article.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Can he play wing?

Hudon/Gregiore/DLR

in any combination really could be a pretty slick 3rd line with elite defensive capabilities

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
His upside is a dominant Bottom 6 player. Even if he doesn't pan out, he'll still get a sniff in the NHL ala Chipchura. But I see him as a smarter player than Chipchura and not as slow.

A better skating Chipchura? I'll take two!

Really hard to say. I've never come away particularly impressed from any of his visits here in Halifax. Always reminds me of a right handed Bournival.

Uh... I'm pretty sure that's where he actually plays.

A worse skating Bournival? No thanks.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Really hard to say. I've never come away particularly impressed from any of his visits here in Halifax. Always reminds me of a right handed Bournival.

oops I thought he played a lot of center

in that case

Hudon-DLR-Gregoire

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal

Much more stocky than Bournival.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
This guy has all that encompasses a "Marc Bergevin type player". He's a leader, he plays with an edge, he has a ton of character. I think he's going to be another late round steal for us.

Long term projection IMO possibly even a 2nd line forward.

Short term, he'll likely do decent in Hamilton. He's another guy who will likely be able to contribute to our bottom six in the next couple years. Don't be fooled by his draft rank, he has the drive to get to the NHL.

Can he fight?

He can but he isn't a fighter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad