Under the radar "deadline makeover"

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
i could see the namestinikov for legwand and possibly a 2nd. not straight up though. dude's potential is filthy.

i could see ellis for gagner.

and i also think we could see pirri here. who knows maybe leggy for a prospect like kuznetsov or namestinikov and cullen and a pick for pirri.

i wouldn't mind. i do think wilson, however could nets us a good prospect and a pick.

i know WPG is gonna sell, or rumored to, but i can't see Wheeler being one of them. He's critical to their top 3.

I do not understand why Predators did not get in on that deal. That is the type player we need.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445094

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Hawks weren't going to trade him in division. He was going to go east and Florida got him for a steal if he pans out for them.

But ... but ... we can make any trade imaginable if Poile would just pull the trigger :cry: :laugh::laugh:

Tallon and the Hawks have history, as you pointed out ... Pirri wasn't going inside the division, and for all of the bashing of Trotz he is far from the only coach in the league that expects at least responsible play in all zones and some grit in his lineup (Q, Hitch, Keenan, Tippett). Pirri is a talented player but not one we're getting within the division for a couple of mid to late picks.

Now ... seeing if Florida would flip him is another matter.

PFL615

Jul 19, 2012
Smashville, TN
Doubt it. Florida knows they got a steal on a guy who could turn out to be a decent C.

Hopefully Poile has his sights set on bigger Fish...

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
I do not understand why Predators did not get in on that deal. That is the type player we need.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445094

I'm sure Poile was interested. Bowman probably wasn't.

ETA: I think Pirri will fail in Florida if Horachek keeps the job. People want to talk about Trotz stifling offense, but look at what Horachek has done in Sunrise. That team's leading scorer is Scottie Upshall with a whopping 30 points. He would be sixth on Nashville's roster with those numbers. Not the kind of environment Pirri needs to be successful.

Last edited:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If the value of Pirri is an indication of the value of players comin to the deadline its going to be pretty quiet in the Preds front office.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
If the value of Pirri is an indication of the value of players comin to the deadline its going to be pretty quiet in the Preds front office.

not an applicable comparison. Pirri wasnt a typical deadline deal. This is more like a regular hockey trade or possibly Chicago clearing a contract so they have room to make acquisitions later

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
not an applicable comparison. Pirri wasnt a typical deadline deal. This is more like a regular hockey trade or possibly Chicago clearing a contract so they have room to make acquisitions later

I guess my point is that if he only garnered a 3rd and a 5th the bunch we have will not bring what most here thought. Theres no doubt the Hawks were clearing some cap space but Pirri is a pretty decent player with more upside than any that we are going to move.

Perhaps DP will get active and move some picks for prospects, but its doubtful we see a 1st for Legwand or other pieces that we would like to see moved.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I guess my point is that if he only garnered a 3rd and a 5th the bunch we have will not bring what most here thought. Theres no doubt the Hawks were clearing some cap space but Pirri is a pretty decent player with more upside than any that we are going to move.

Perhaps DP will get active and move some picks for prospects, but its doubtful we see a 1st for Legwand or other pieces that we would like to see moved.

Legwands value will be determined by how many bidders there are. If you think we gave a first for gaustad just because Poile is an idiot, thats not the case... we had to give a first because detroit was offering a second. We didnt have a second to give, so we gave a first (and got a 4th back)

If more than one team wants Legwand, and Legwand is willing to go to either team, then the price could easily be a first or a first plus...

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
I'm sure Poile was interested. Bowman probably wasn't.

ETA: I think Pirri will fail in Florida if Horachek keeps the job. People want to talk about Trotz stifling offense, but look at what Horachek has done in Sunrise. That team's leading scorer is Scottie Upshall with a whopping 30 points. He would be sixth on Nashville's roster with those numbers. Not the kind of environment Pirri needs to be successful.

I don't know, they've got a pretty nice stable of young kids and I think Pirri will fit right in with Barkov, Huberdeau and Bjugstad among others.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
To me, this would be a good scenario, assuming that Legs gets a contract extension. Cullen for a pick or decent prospect sounds good to me. Slide Wilson over to full time center.

Well, hold on. Glennon tweeted after that Cullen is dealing with a lower-body injury. That explains why he's not practicing. Still, I could see a trade involving him happening.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I just got a "check yo-self, foo"! :(

Oh well. It's trade deadline week. I guess everything is speculated.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
If Legwand walks as a UFA this summer, that may be the last straw that puts me firmly on the "Fire Poile" bandwagon. Trading him is ideal. Re-signing him is fine. Losing him for nothing at this point is unacceptable.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If Legwand walks as a UFA this summer, that may be the last straw that puts me firmly on the "Fire Poile" bandwagon. Trading him is ideal. Re-signing him is fine. Losing him for nothing at this point is unacceptable.

How does that push you over the edge? You can only trade him if he wants to be traded. There is nothing that Poile can do about it other than tell Trotz to permabench him the rest of the season as punishment for not waiving his NTC. It's Poile's fault for giving him the NTC.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
How does that push you over the edge? You can only trade him if he wants to be traded. There is nothing that Poile can do about it other than tell Trotz to permabench him the rest of the season as punishment for not waiving his NTC. It's Poile's fault for giving him the NTC.

If Legwand says he refuses to waive, that's different. I'm saying if Poile chooses not to trade him if he says he will go. And if I'm Leggy and don't plan on re-signing...why not get traded to a contender and go for a cup?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
If Legwand says he refuses to waive, that's different. I'm saying if Poile chooses not to trade him if he says he will go. And if I'm Leggy and don't plan on re-signing...why not get traded to a contender and go for a cup?

How would we truly know though, one would think before Poile even attempts to trade him he would ask David if he would be willing to waive it. If that's the case, why would Poile waste his time calling other GM's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad