Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

Who is currently the best Sens u-25 Sens player?

• Logan Brown (C)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jacob Bernard-Docker (D)

• Christian Wolanin (D)

• Josh Norris (C)

• Colin White (C/RW)

• Vitali Abramov (RW/LW)

• Alex Formenton (LW)

• Filip Chlapík (C)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Anthony Duclair (LW/RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Maxime Lajoie (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Filip Gustavsson (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
IMO we have a clear top 4 (potential).

A+ They have the potential to be a top 15 player at their position in the league (you could argue Chabot is almost there already).
1. Chabot
2. Tkachuk

A Clear top line, top pairing potential
3/4(tie). Batherson
3/4(tie). Brannstrom

Then it's a bit of a drop off after that.
B+ Top 6, Top 4 potential
5. White
6. Brown
7. Duclair
8. JBD
9. Tierney

B Middle 6, Bottom 4 potential
10. Norris
11. Formenton
12. Lajoie
13. Wolanin

The rest are either bottom 6 or bottom pairing, or a boom-or-bust type (ie. Abramov)

I've been happy with a lot of what Tkachuk has done this year but he's not gonna be top 15 at his position unless he improves his skating a lot. I'm not just talking about speed. He's of balance a lot. He ends up reaching way more than the best players do, which is recipe for lots of bad things including injury. He has below average agility.

He also doesn't carry the puck well at speed.

Don't get me wrong he's very good at a lot of things but top ends guys don't have glaring weaknesses like he does. He seems to have a really good work ethic so I'm optimistic he can improve but there is a LOT of work to be done if he wants to be among the best at his position.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I've been happy with a lot of what Tkachuk has done this year but he's not gonna be top 15 at his position unless he improves his skating a lot. I'm not just talking about speed. He's of balance a lot. He ends up reaching way more than the best players do, which is recipe for lots of bad things including injury. He has below average agility.

He also doesn't carry the puck well at speed.

Don't get me wrong he's very good at a lot of things but top ends guys don't have glaring weaknesses like he does. He seems to have a really good work ethic so I'm optimistic he can improve but there is a LOT of work to be done if he wants to be among the best at his position.

I fully expect that the bambi legs will disappear once he puts some meat on the bone. He's just 19 and hasn't filled in yet.

If anything, that's why I'm so high on him. He plays and thinks the game at the level of a beastly 24yr old power forward, but in the body of a scrawny 19yr old kid. The fact that he's able to get points and stick at the NHL level at his age is a testament to his skill and offensive IQ.

I really think the sky is the limit with this kid.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Iam taking White ,tbh...I like Batherson and he is for sure in the top 5 ,but White just plays such a solid stable all around game it hard for me to overlook this..After Tkachuk as I have him 2nd

Wait guys, the purpose of this thing is not go with the "safer bet". I mean White is going to be a very good player but don't you have the conviction and gut feeling that any of Tkachuk/Batherson/Brannstrom/Brown/etc is going to be better or just more impactful than Colin White?

Look I have highlighted this from the OP :

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA if it was my turn to pick?

It's basically a re-draft from of our under-25 players.

That's my vote too, but arguments could be made for Brannstrom and Tkachuk as well.

Yeah, don't think you could say someone is wrong if he picks any of Tkachuk, Brannstrom or Batherson 2nd... Heck even maybe Logan Brown if they really do believe in his potential and ability to reach it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad