Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #9

Who will be the 9th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun and change our minds since most of our best players got sold. Let's rank the young guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild". Let's vote by who we think end up the best "when all is said and done". All factors have to be taken into account (skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc)

Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically an organizational RE-DRAFT of all players under 25 y/o. Who are our most important assets, in order?

Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5- Colin White (C/RW) 48.1 %
6- Logan Brown (C) 67.4%
7- Christian Wolanin (D) 61.2% (Tie-Breaker)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 40.6%
9-

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Went Abramov here
Also anyone get THN 2019 prospect issue yet? If so what does the Sens pool look like?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Went with Norris. Might just be that I'm hopeful we got a single above average piece for EK, but he looked great in the NCAA/WJHC before getting injured. I'm hopeful this guy can turn into a 2nd line center for us, which is higher upside than anyone remaining (other than maybe the goalies, but they are voodoo and I can't see myself voting for any of them in the top-10).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is Tierney.

He was a better prospect at the same age than the guys left on the board, and he's proven to be capable of 40-50P seasons. Only 24YRs old.

It's him or Norris; I think if he hadn't gotten hurt he would have really increased his profile.

That said, hard to pass up on a ~50 pts NHL player, even if part of that is him getting slotted higher than he normally would because of our current situation.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think once Jaros is all said and done he is going to be a very valuable piece. He skates so well for a guy his size, has a decentt first pass and has a mean streak while being physically imposing. I think his hockey sense looks ok, if he continues to progress he could be a really good player. A great partner for a puck moving D and the sens have 3 potentially 4 of those on the left side.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I have this funny feeling about Joel Daccord...has been exposed to a complete shooting gallery playing for AZU, but has put up amazing numbers the last 2 years and is currently leading the NCAA in shutouts. Not to mention he's an amazing puck handler.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Give me Jaros, Hogberg, Norris, Abramov, Balcers, Formenton, Duclair, and Lajoie over Tierney. I'd probably want Paul and Gustavsson as well.
Nick Paul? AHL player over a likely 50 point nhl player? That’s crazy in my opinion.

I’m not sure where I’d slot Tierney in (probably before JBD or right after) but he’s definitely getting underrated here.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Give me Jaros over Tierney anyday

That's fair. Jaros could be a good 2nd pairing D sooner rather than later.

Worth pointing out that, despite already being in his 5th NHL season, Tierney is only 2 years older than Jaros, and is the same age as Hogberg (both being '94 born).

Reactions: 16w

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's fair. Jaros could be a good 2nd pairing D sooner rather than later
Worth pointing out that, despite already being in his 5th NHL season, Tierney is only 2 years older than Jaros, and is the same age as Hogberg (both being '94 born).

True .. and although their may be more ceiling to reach .. we very well may have seen it or very close to it as well.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Nick Paul? AHL player over a likely 50 point nhl player? That’s crazy in my opinion.

I’m not sure where I’d slot Tierney in (probably before JBD or right after) but he’s definitely getting underrated here.
Paul is one of the best players in the AHL this year, has refined his goal scoring and is playing like the power forward he was billed as. He's been as impressive as anyone down in Belleville not named Batherson or Hogberg.

Tierney is bad at skating, shooting, defending and has dropped off the face of the earth in the scoring department since the big 3 three were traded and he's had to face any resistance from the opposition. He is not a good NHLer. He's roster filler and is unlikely to ever hit his production from this season ever again because of those deficiencies I listed.

I think what they would bring at this moment to any team would be pretty even.

Reactions: Six Assets

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Paul is one of the best players in the AHL this year, has refined his goal scoring and is playing like the power forward he was billed as. He's been as impressive as anyone down in Belleville not named Batherson or Hogberg.

Tierney is bad at skating, shooting, defending and has dropped off the face of the earth in the scoring department since the big 3 three were traded and he's had to face any resistance from the opposition. He is not a good NHLer. He's roster filler and is unlikely to ever hit his production from this season ever again because of those deficiencies I listed.

I think what they would bring at this moment to any team would be pretty even.
You’re entitled to your opinion but I still think this is crazy and completely disagree. He has a long way to go to even be compared to Tierney who is an established NHL player. Paul wasn’t wanted when he was offered for free on waivers. Tierney would be snatched instantly. He’s much better offensively, he was a point per game player at 21 in the AHL. Different opinions I guess but really don’t see how one would prefer Paul, and I’m not even suggesting he’s going to be a mainstay on the Sens in a few years. The other players, or most of them, you listed have arguments over Tierney.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You’re entitled to your opinion but I still think this is crazy and completely disagree. He has a long way to go to even be compared to Tierney who is an established NHL player. Paul wasn’t wanted when he was offered for free on waivers. Tierney would be snatched instantly. He’s much better offensively, he was a point per game player at 21 in the AHL. Different opinions I guess but really don’t see how one would prefer Paul, and I’m not even suggesting he’s going to be a mainstay on the Sens in a few years. The other players, or most of them, you listed have arguments over Tierney.
I see why anyone would think that and I thought teams were wrong not to take a flyer on Paul but a big reason for that is they had little to go on. He had almost no playing time in Ottawa. Even if you were scouting them every other game you would barely notice him. But he's a different player now. He's a difference make every night in Belleville. I think he'll produce next season if whoever is coach gives him an opportunity.

I've seen enough of Tierney to see he's nothing more than a depth NHL who can put up some points on a 3rd line. I don't value that. Imo Paul can be an every situation guy up and down the line up. That's just my opinion.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad