Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #5

Who will be the 5th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Christian Wolanin (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus Crookshank (LW)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Maxime Lajoie (D)

• Ben Harpur (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Assumptions? I used facts and statistics, Brown gets hurt alot and has a reputation as a not very hard worker. I have heard it from direct sources. I hope he can start to get in better shape so he doesnt get hurt so often, I want him to do well and develop into a top 6 center like the rest of us. I am basing my opinion on everything that I have seen and heard. I dont doubt Browns talent for a second its the rest of it that worries me. Big players with injury history is historically a thing to be worried about. I also have seen White perform well for two straight seasons and he can play in all situations. I value that portion of the game a tremendous amount.
Yes assumptions.

Quote "Belleville was horrible last year and White didnt have Batherson to play with, I really dont see the difference in production that different considering these factors in the AHL." Ok well the difference in production by ppg is Brown at 0.81 ppg. White at 0.57 ppg, do you see the difference? It is an assumption that belleville being better (but not consistent) and Batherson on the wing are the only possible reasons for that discrepancy in ppg.

You go on to assume that colin white is definitely a harder worker and that means something to you personally, and that he is a "gamer". I bet you know for 100% certainty a lot of things.

Also generic "he's the type of player you win with" is saying something without saying anything. When you use so many personal pronouns in a paragraph it is bound to be full of shit.

You started this paragraph with the statement that you only used statistics and facts but you just gave your opinion and qualified it saying "I know white will be a good 2 way player for a long time" I would agree with this opinion. But you disregarded literally all of the facts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yes assumptions.

Quote "Belleville was horrible last year and White didnt have Batherson to play with, I really dont see the difference in production that different considering these factors in the AHL." Ok well the difference in production by ppg is Brown at 0.81 ppg. White at 0.57 ppg, do you see the difference? It is an assumption that belleville being better (but not consistent) and Batherson on the wing are the only possible reasons for that discrepancy in ppg.

You go on to assume that colin white is definitely a harder worker and that means something to you personally, and that he is a "gamer". I bet you know for 100% certainty a lot of things.

Also generic "he's the type of player you win with" "I know he will be a t saying something without saying anything. When you use so many personal pronouns in a paragraph it is bound to be full of ****.

You started this paragraph with the statement that you only use statistics and facts and then gave your opinion and qualified it saying "you know white will be a good 2 way player for a long time" I would agree with this opinion. But you disregarded literally all of the facts.

So are you suggesting that playing with Batherson isnt a benefit?

Or are you arguing that Brown doesnt have a history of injuries?

Generic comment? It was based on White's history of winning and scoring at important moments.

Calling me full of shit is a pathetic way to end a post with someone that doesnt agree with your opinion. You arent providing any evidence of what I said as being un true instead you go directly for an insult. Id rather have a discussion with someone that doesnt have to stoop to these levels thanks. Have a good one.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
So are you suggesting that playing with Batherson isnt a benefit?

Or are you arguing that Brown doesnt have a history of injuries?

Generic comment? It was based on White's history of winning and scoring at important moments.

Calling me full of **** is a pathetic way to end a post with someone that doesnt agree with your opinion. You arent providing any evidence of what I said as being un true instead you go directly for an insult. Id rather have a discussion with someone that doesnt have to stoop to these levels thanks. Have a good one.
Again look at the other post

Also I didn't end the post that way. I actually ended it saying I agree with your opinion that White is a good player. However this logic of disregarding all of the numbers and saying White is definitely better than Brown because you "think so" makes you look like you have nothing of substance to provide to this debate,

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Again I looked at it, I am familiar thanks.

Looks like the poll also reflects my opinion. But I guess everyone here that votes for White is full of **** too?
You didn't really look, this is why you have a hard time understanding.

Also no, not everyone here. :laugh:

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
I really did look. Its not a case of not understanding its a case of not agreeing with your bad take.
OK agree to disagree, but simply reading the previous posts will reveal to the reader that you did not comprehend if you did look and you didn't respond with anything of value other than your own (clearly biased) opinion.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
OK agree to disagree, but simply reading the previous posts will reveal to the reader that you did not comprehend if you did look and you didn't respond with anything of value other than your own (clearly biased) opinion.

Why would I have a biased opinion? That makes no sense at all I want them both to do well. No value to someone that is stuburn in their opinion I guess.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Why would I have a biased opinion? That makes no sense at all I want them both to do well. No value to someone that is stuburn in their opinion I guess.
Stubbornness can lead to prejudice quite easily. Prejudice in its definition is bias.

Assuming you meant it was your own stubborn opinion that is without value.

Reactions: Sens

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Idk Bert, it's kind of hard to dispute the 1st year AHL numbers. They favour Brown. Which is the point Brannstrom made. He also finished off his junior career in pretty spectacular fashion.

I think they are going to both be good players.

This organization drafted Brown with high expectations and they NEED him to be better than White's ceiling.

Reactions: Brannstorm

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
High hopes for Brown ... I picked AD ahead of him at #5.

What do we expect for Brown next year ? Feels like 12+G would be “good”. Not sure Barherson gets +15... these guys are in (will be) their D+3 years.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I hope this poll and thread motivate Logan. I know you're looking Logan.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Idk Bert, it's kind of hard to dispute the 1st year AHL numbers. They favour Brown. Which is the point Brannstrom made. He also finished off his junior career in pretty spectacular fashion.

I think they are going to both be good players.

This organization drafted Brown with high expectations and they NEED him to be better than White's ceiling.

Sure but right now, I'd rather have White in NHL. Brown has not impressed me with his time in the NHL. Granted, the coach barely played him but that's what I'm basing myself on when I choose White over Brown at this point in time.

Brown certainly needs to overtake White eventually, but right now, give me White while Brown continues working on his pro game.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Off the board.. going with Duclair. He's done more in the league than White, Brown, Wolanin etc. I don't interpret this as a "ceiling ranking". If we play an NHL game tomorrow Duclair marginally outplays White and its not even fair to compare Brown.

Well, I had to word it very carefully in the new poll.

There's a reason a lot of people passed on Brown and that he has continued to be a polarizing prospect. He has not been a world beater in his last years in junior and wasn't dominant at the WJC - by contrast White one of the top 3 players for a gold medal WJC team. Brown's having a good end to the year in the AHL so here's hoping he turns into a top 6 forward. There's just too many question marks about his compete, commitment to defense and injury history to rank him above White. If you look at the prospect people they all seem to say that Brown is not consistently viewed as a player who will reach his potential. Maybe a good year off the ice will change that but the Spezza/Fisher comparison is way off. White reminds me a bit of Turris whereby he's needed some more time to thicken up a bit - always has really good hockey sense but strength and winning puck battles didn't start until this year.

Fair post but the Spezza/Fisher thing WAS NOT a comparison.

"but like I said earlier, it’s like voting Fisher over Spezza (as young players). I’m not saying they are exactly comparable, that’s not the point"

I just don't know how to word things anymore to be understood :help:

Id be willing to bet alot of money on this if it were actually possible.

A lot? sounds interesting :naughty:

I'm really not a gambling person though but yeah I'd be very curious as to what people who work in that field think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad