Prospect Info: Under 25 y/o Sens Players Ranking #5

Who will be the 5th best among Sens players under 25 y/o?

• Christian Wolanin (D)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus Crookshank (LW)

• Jonathan Davidsson (RW)

• Jonny Tychonick (D)

• Maxime Lajoie (D)

• Ben Harpur (D)

• Joel Daccord (G)

• Marcus Högberg (G)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's have a bit of fun since most of the present team players got sold. Let's rank the guys that have a chance to stick around through this "rebuild"

Let's vote based on everything : skill, skating, hockey sense, potential, certainty, leadership, physicality, etc. Ask yourself this question :

Who among this pool of players would I draft BPA? It's basically a RE-DRAFT of our young players.

1- Thomas Chabot (D) 91.7%
2- Brady Tkachuk (LW) 37.3%

3- Erik Brännström (D) 70.8%
4- Drake Batherson (RW) 70.8%

5-

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Flipped flopped between White and Brown. If we’re going on ceiling and overall importance to rebuild, it’s Brown all day. If we’re going on current performance and highest odds of being a solid regular NHLer, it’s White.

We NEED Brown to pan out.

Reactions: aragorn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
This should be Brown. He has his faults no doubt, but he has #1 center upside if he puts it all together.

White has surprised me in a good way this year, but I think playing beside Stone all year has benefitted his numbers greatly. Expecting him to top out as a 40-50P two-way guy.

Reactions: NB613 and Sens

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This is White easily, suprised its so close its after this one is where it should be complicated.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This should be Brown. He has his faults no doubt, but he has #1 center upside if he puts it all together.

White has surprised me in a good way this year, but I think playing beside Stone all year has benefitted his numbers greatly. Expecting him to top out as a 40-50P two-way guy.

Sure Brown has the potential to be better but the chances of it happening are very slim. White comes from a better draft and has proven alot more and was a much better player at the jr level. He is going to be a very good two way player for a long time.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Sure Brown has the potential to be better but the chances of it happening are very slim. White comes from a better draft and has proven alot more and was a much better player at the jr level. He is going to be a very good two way player for a long time.

If you're talking about draft position, 11th OVR pick in 2016 draft > 21st OVR pick in 2015 draft.

They haven't played in the same league, so it's hard to compare their production, but I wouldn't say White was the better junior player. Had a better 18YR old season than Brown for sure, but Brown's 19YR old season was better than White's. And he's heavily out-producing White as a first year AHLer.

Brown has higher potential, but White is more likely to reach his potential. Give me the potential #1 center (even if it's unlikely) over the likely #2/3 center.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If you're talking about draft position, 11th OVR pick in 2016 draft > 21st OVR pick in 2015 draft.

They haven't played in the same league, so it's hard to compare their production, but I wouldn't say White was the better junior player. Had a better 18YR old season than Brown for sure, but Brown's 19YR old season was better than White's. And he's heavily out-producing White as a first year AHLer.

Brown has higher potential, but White is more likely to reach his potential. Give me the potential #1 center (even if it's unlikely) over the likely #2/3 center.

The 21st overall player is likely better from the 2015 draft than the 2016 11th best at this rate. The 2015 draft is going to be the best ever, even better than 2003. Brown couldnt even crack the WJC as an 18 year old and barely contributed as a 19 year old while White was great as an 18 year old and lead USA in goals to a championship at 19. White had a way better d + 1 year in College when comparing to Browns in the OHL D +2 its pretty close. Its way harder to score in Division one hockey especially in the conference White plays in.

He has simply been the better player overall. Guaranteed NHL'er while you never know what Brown will be at this point. Its really not close in my opinion.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I went with Jaros because a top pairing support Damn who plays the Brent Seabrooke roll to me is more important then a decent to average #2 center like White it Brown will be some nights and not on others

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Brown

Number 1 centres are mostly defined by scoring goals and I think Brown will mature into a ppg player (history of high scoring).

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
When Both were drafted Brown was way higher than white in potential, then white comes into the league and now white is splitting the vote. Probably because of recency bias.

Brown never dropped off in offensive production. As he went to the next season or even to the next league he remained a star. White was a lower first rounder because he produced less offensively. White has done well here and will mature, but once Brown is here he is all we will be talking about (aside from batherson and tkachuk, good team starting here).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
When Both were drafted Brown was way higher than white in potential, then white comes into the league and now white is splitting the vote. Probably because of recency bias.

Brown never dropped off in offensive production. As he went to the next season or even to the next league he remained a star. White was a lower first rounder because he produced less offensively. White has done well here and will mature, but once Brown is here he is all we will be talking about (aside from batherson and tkachuk, good team starting here).

White was a top 10-12 pick until he was out because of Mono. He didn't slip because of production.

Brown is a typical offensive big lanky playmaking centerman, but we don't really know what he'll become. He's often injured and there are questions about the consistency in his effort day in day out. He's playing real well now after an underwhelming start. White is a 2-way, in your face, PP and PK type of guy that's out there playing against opposing team top lines. Completely different players. White is way more complete a player.

I hate comparing these two because if White reaches his potential he will be as valuable as Brown because he'll be relied on in all facets of the game and will likely play more than Brown. On the other hand, Brown has the potential to produce a lot more than White.

Right now I have a hard time pushing for Brown. I'd go White

Reactions: Brannstorm

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Brown has the potential to be a #1 centre & is most likely being groomed to be the #1 centre on this team, he has the potential to be a better goal scorer mostly because he will be put in that position offensively & on the PP.

White IMO will be the better overall hockey player who plays at both ends of the ice, he may not get as many pts as Brown but he will do so much more defensively to prevent goals against. It all depends what you like but the Sens will do well with both these guys playing in their own way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->