• ALEX FORMENTON

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Based on the criteria set by the thread creator, it was an easy Stutzle for me. Now whether or not he reaches his potential is a whole other story but if I am G.M, then Timmy is my most prized prospect.

I will cheat a bit here and give my top 5 in order of value/importance to the team:

1. Stutzle
2. Chabot
3. Tkachuk
4. Sanderson
5. Norris

What do you mean by "criteria"? You mean the projection side of things? Yeah because "who's better now" would be a bit useless.

If there was no projection, Jake Sanderson wouldn't be in the options but Victor Mete would be voted high

We have to be able to project to have some kind of idea of what the future team will look like. Look at the 2019 rankings for example. Of course, we're amateurs and we're not going to always be right. But even pros are not always right

I'm expecting the top-5 to be like the list you just made, or very close

Does anyone think how the players are listed influence how people vote, maybe the best players should be in the middle as opposed to the top of the list?

The guys at the top are the most obvious choices, then it's a bit more random. I mean, I think people are able to make their own choice, unless maybe they don't know much about the team? At this moment, 54% of voters haven't voted for the top choice...

I voted Pinto 7 points and a +6 in 12 games. Him picking off passes looked like a faster Mark Stone
I don’t think I have seen a sens rookie ever look like that solid of a player in his first few games

Damn, it'd be very surprising if Pinto becomes our best player. You'd have to be pretty high on him if you think he'll be better than all of Chabot, Stutzle, Sanderson, Tkachuk, Norris and Batherson.

Last edited:

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Voted for Stu but don’t think you can really go wrong with any of the top 4. Wouldn’t surprise me if any one of them ends up the best of the bunch.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
What do you mean by "criteria"? You mean the projection side of things? Yeah because "who's better now" would be a bit useless.

If there was no projection, Jake Sanderson wouldn't be in the options but Victor Mete would be voted high

We have to be able to project to have some kind of idea of what the future team will look like. Look at the 2019 rankings for example. Of course, we're amateurs and we're not going to always be right. But even pros are not always right

I'm expecting the top-5 to be like the list you just made, or very close

The guys at the top are the most obvious choices, then it's a bit more random. I mean, I think people are able to make their own choice, unless maybe they don't know much about the team? At this moment, 54% of voters haven't voted for the top choice...

Damn, it'd be very surprising if Pinto becomes our best player. You'd have to be pretty high on him if you think he'll be better than all of Chabot, Stutzle, Sanderson, Tkachuk, Norris and Batherson.

It’s fairly even between most these guys as far as I can tell. Pinto won’t be 21 until November so he is basically 1 year older than Jimmy Stu.
Jimmy looks the part but I can’t tell if he will be star or a super flashy decent player

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It’s fairly even between most these guys as far as I can tell. Pinto won’t be 21 until November so he is basically 1 year older than Jimmy Stu.
Jimmy looks the part but I can’t tell if he will be star or a super flashy decent player

Well, I didn't expect that. Out of 68 voters so far, you're the only one who voted for Pinto and probably the only one who'd have him in the same "tier" as the "big 4"

I mean it's your projection and you can absolutely have it. If he's among the best, we're in pretty good shape and it means we have a legit 1st line center, basically a Patrice Bergeron 2.0

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Well, I didn't expect that. Out of 68 voters so far, you're the only one who voted for Pinto and probably the only one who'd have him in the same "tier" as the "big 4"

I mean it's your projection and you can absolutely have it. If he's among the best, we're in pretty good shape and it means we have a legit 1st line center, basically a Patrice Bergeron 2.0

2.85p/60. Jimmy was next up at 1.85p/60 the other guys are around 1.5.
I know he won’t keep that pace but he seems to be in the same tier while looking sound defensively.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
For the record, I think Stutzle's work ethic and competitiveness is a point in his favour, but there is still a lingering doubt.

There is no doubt that Chabot wins work ethic trophy. Future best player may be Stutzle's though.

I voted Chabot.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There is no doubt that Chabot wins work ethic trophy. Future best player may be Stutzle's though.

I voted Chabot.

The point about work ethic was more about the likelihood of him fizzling out as an all flash player.

I’m optimistic he won’t be the next Drouin.

yogibear

Mar 21, 2007
Ottawa/Gatineau

Hey, maybe he will.

Reactions: Xspyrit

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
f***ing love how hard #1 is. I think there are 5 legit choices. (Jimmy, Brady, Tommy, Jakey and Beansy, in that order). I can't even fully write off Drake or Norris.

That's either a great sign or a terrible one.

Chabot right now, Brady over his career.

Anybody who isn't stoked about the future of this team is nuts. I've been at half chub since mid February.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Some high scoring forwards never become complete players & coaches manage their ice time to assure they don't hurt the team defensively. We see it all the time, Dadonov IMO is a skilled player who I think is a liability defensively but there are also defensive players who are liabilities or much less effective in the offensive zone. A complete player is great in all zones like Mark Stone, Bergeron, Crosby, ROR & others who rarely take a shift off, these are my preferred kind of players.

Does anyone think how the players are listed influence how people vote, maybe the best players should be in the middle as opposed to the top of the list?[/QUOTE]

nope

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Some high scoring forwards never become complete players & coaches manage their ice time to assure they don't hurt the team defensively. We see it all the time, Dadonov IMO is a skilled player who I think is a liability defensively but there are also defensive players who are liabilities or much less effective in the offensive zone. A complete player is great in all zones like Mark Stone, Bergeron, Crosby, ROR & others who rarely take a shift off, these are my preferred kind of players.

Does anyone think how the players are listed influence how people vote, maybe the best players should be in the middle as opposed to the top of the list?

Do you consider Brady a complete player?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
If I could vote twice, I'd vote Timmay and Brady. I voted Timmay just strictly from a skills perspective, but I think in terms of all the other intangibles, Brady is far and away the best. Stützle is gonna be a really amazing player though. He's got it all too in terms of skating, being willing to get physical and that SHOT!!!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Do you consider Brady a complete player?

I do, I think he is the best & most complete player on the team, a guy who can do everything well, but I'm obviously bias because he plays a style I like. I also think Norris is a complete player competing everywhere on the ice & plays a very good defensive game while contributing offensively.

I think Pinto is another complete player although inexperienced who will get better with time who competes all over the ice. Batherson too although for some reason he wasn't hitting as much this yr as he did the previous yr & needs to work a little more on the defensive end making safer plays. C. Brown is another compete player whose offence is coming around & Formenton IMO also has that potential to be a compete player if his offence starts to take off. I like how good Paul has become this past season too playing well defensively & contributing offensively.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Hey just wanted to quote your post again to better answer your question with how I listed poll #2. It looks like it has absolutely no effect. At least not when people know the subject

Prospect Info: - Under 25 y/o Sens Players 2021 Ranking : #2

The only poster who didn't vote for the top players obviously did it as a joke

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad