Unbelievable save by Marlies goalie Drew MacIntyre

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
That save was an instinct reaction. You're acting as though it was planned in advance, like a guy doing a backflip or whatever for a shootout attempt. That's weird.

I know it was an instant reaction, but at the same time how often do you see that? It was more ballsy than diving for the puck or stacking the pads or whatever, this move is the kind of stuff you see in street hockey.

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
I know it was an instant reaction, but at the same time how often do you see that? It was more ballsy than diving for the puck or stacking the pads or whatever, this move is the kind of stuff you see in street hockey.

Why so defensive? It was cool to see, but a complete fluke and the guy happened to shoot it right into his glove. "Ballsy" is one of the last words I'd use to describe that.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why so defensive? It was cool to see, but a complete fluke and the guy happened to shoot it right into his glove. "Ballsy" is one of the last words I'd use to describe that.

How can a guy shoot it right into his glove when the puck is shot before and his glove is on the other side?

Median

Mar 4, 2010
How was that shot into his glove. There is no way the goalie would put his glove there unless it was on purpose.

nTsplnk*

Was that even going in?

Impressive feat but Idk if a save is the right word :laugh:

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
How was that shot into his glove. There is no way the goalie would put his glove there unless it was on purpose.

Lol. He swung his glove around in a last ditch effort to make the save. If the puck was shot a few inches higher or lower, it would have missed the glove. Never played goalie before? :laugh:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Are people seriously trying to put this down... This board is mind blowing sometimes, obviously not in a good way..

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Lol. He swung his glove around in a last ditch effort to make the save. If the puck was shot a few inches higher or lower, it would have missed the glove. Never played goalie before? :laugh:

I think the one who's never played goalie is you :dunno: Shooting it into the glove is not what you describe at all. The shot was already in mid-air before the goalie even brought his glove out. It'd be different if Mac had his glove there beforehand, and the shooter shot right at it.

Are people seriously trying to put this down... This board is mind blowing sometimes, obviously not in a good way..

Unfortunately everyone here is an analyst. I don't see how the shot going wide makes that any more easier, but whatever.

It's not like Mac knew it was going wide.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
First of all, it's easy to say "let the puck go past him" when you can see the angle fine watching at home. On the ice it's different, from his view, the puck is going behind him, he doesn't know if it's going into the net or not, it's not like Mac has slow-mo vision :rolleyes:

Also, if he were to mess up slightly, like say he wasn't quick enough to trap the puck or get the whole glove out in time, it's possible the puck deflects off his glove and goes in. It was risky trying to pull that but he timed it perfectly.

Im pretty sure that was the guys point. The fact that he doesnt know the angle means it's either try to make that save or "let the puck go past him" meaning let in go in the net. So again, why does it take balls to try that?

Amazing save. Not sure what your trying to argue.

Billy Mays Here*

Puck was gonna miss the net, but that was still a ridiculous reflex.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
At first when I saw the video on twitter I thought it was a pad save and I was a bit confused as to why they were saying it was such an amazing save. They then showed the above goal angle, Absolutely astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad