Post-Game Talk: Unbelievable comback - Bruins win 5-3!!!!!!!!

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Did anyone watching CBC catch Glenn Healy comparing Lucic's pounding of chest ala "boston strong" to "boston pizza, call out for some pepperoni" ??

how that guy stays on TV is truly beyond me!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Did anyone watching CBC catch Glenn Healy comparing Lucic's pounding of chest ala "boston strong" to "boston pizza, call out for some pepperoni" ??

Must have been when I had the mute button on. After he was chuckling about the Habs being two games up (yes, he jumped the gun) against the best (insert chuckle right here) team in the NHL.... that was the last straw.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto

He preaches to the Leaf lovers, Bruins haters, Hab lover crowd. He has always been a pompous ass... I don't take him seriously. He thinks he is smarter than he is....

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

He is a joke. Try's to be controversial but he just comes off as stupid. He is so anti boston. Did he try out for the B's at one point in his horrible backup career and not get an offer?

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

He's a boot licking leg humper, like our Jack. Except unlike Jack, he's supposed to be a neutral commentator, not a boot licking leg humper.

member 96824

Did he actually say that? Or did he just say it about the pounding which has nothing to do with Boston strong?

Is this another "HE COMPARED SUBBAN TO BOURQUE!!!!!!'thing?

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
This, and yes, from both teams.

It's become the primary storyline in this series, hell, probably in the whole playoffs, and it's nauseating.

It makes us look like hypocrites when Claude is whining to the media about the officials, considering all the flack we give Montreal for whining to the media to get calls.

LouisSleigher

Jul 6, 2013
SW Ohio
All I can say is, it is a good thing the Bruins won. Otherwise I would have completely destroyed my apartment.

**** the Habs!!!!:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

No kidding. When the Habs went up 2-1, I threw down my orange soda and then spent most of the rest of the game shampooing the carpet.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Link? Not being facetious, I haven't been perusing the media today.

I'm basing this on sound bytes I have heard on the radio.
From the complaining about the schedule to Claude complaining about the officiating after the win on Saturday, and Terrien responded today whining about the whining. It's just annoying that this has become the storyline of the series. It's not even just that. Price whining about the Bruins being "lucky", etc. Don't forget Terrien and Price's whining about the Bruins' talking about Price's scouting report.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm basing this on sound bytes I have heard on the radio.

Claude was complaining about the officiating after the win on Saturday, and Terrien responded today whining about the whining. It's just annoying that this has become the storyline of the series. It's not even just that. Price whining about the Bruins being "lucky", etc. is just annoying.

If Julien was angry about the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he had a legitimate beef. I don't think the Bruins were too happy either with the snow shower on Rask, considering the same play earlier in in these playoffs resulted in a penalty. They only ended up calling it when Krug responded, and even then, they called Krug as well.

Consistency shouldn't be too much to ask for, and that's the biggest problem I have with the officiating. If Price gets bumped in Round 1 vs. Tampa and they call back the goal, Rask getting sat on in Round 2 vs. Montreal should produce the same result. If a snow shower in Round 1 means a 2-minute unsportsmanlike, call it in Round 2. Isn't there someone in charge of these officials to make sure they're all on the same page?

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
If Julien was angry about the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty he had a legitimate beef. I don't think the Bruins were too happy either with the snow shower on Rask, considering the same play earlier in in these playoffs resulted in a penalty. They only ended up calling it when Krug responded, and even then, they called Krug as well.

Consistency shouldn't be too much to ask for, and that's the biggest problem I have with the officiating. If Price gets bumped in Round 1 vs. Tampa and they call back the goal, Rask getting sat on in Round 2 vs. Montreal should produce the same result. If a snow shower in Round 1 means a 2-minute unsportsmanlike, call it in Round 2. Isn't there someone in charge of these officials to make sure they're all on the same page?

I don't think Claude was wrong in his opinions by any means, but I think it's hypocritical for us to accuse the Canadiens as whiners, when we have been guilty of the same thing so far.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I don't think Claude was wrong in his opinions by any means, but I think it's hypocritical for us to accuse the Canadiens as whiners, when we have been guilty of the same thing so far.

I guess it depends on your definition of whining. If Julien was asked a question and repsonded, that's one thing. If he brought it up, and he's harping on it like my 4-year-old niece begging for ice cream, that's another. I can't say as I didn't see or hear the interviews with Julien or with Therrien. The only thing I heard (on this board) was that Julien was asked post-game about the unsportsmanlike bench minor and said it happened because he wasn't happy with the officiating, or words to that effect.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

Totally get your point but the difference IMO is that Claude has some serious justification for his *****ing at the refs... Montreal on the other hand expects (literally) every call to go their way and they simply do accept the fact that their team commits penalties like other teams to.

Not to mention, they dive to get calls more the the Bruins do. Bergy was hooked hardcore in Game Two but notice he broke free and continued forward ready to play whether the correct call was made or not. He didn't dive and give up on the play because he felt contact around his gloves/forearms.

Claude needs to keep his cool, but the refs are trying to make this a 7 game series when 5v5 the Bruins have absolutely beaten the tar out of the slimy Habs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I guess it depends on your definition of whining. If Julien was asked a question and repsonded, that's one thing. If he brought it up, and he's harping on it like my 4-year-old niece begging for ice cream, that's another. I can't say as I didn't see or hear the interviews with Julien or with Therrien. The only thing I heard (on this board) was that Julien was asked post-game about the unsportsmanlike bench minor and said it happened because he wasn't happy with the officiating, or words to that effect.

That's pretty much all I have heard as well, and that is not really whining. By all means if he said other things, especially if unprovoked by the media, then an argument can be made but until then...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And as far as I'm concerned, Julien could have told the ref he banged his mom and the unsportsmanlike still shouldn't have been called. The fans are there to watch the game, not watch Mr. Big Bad Stripes flex his muscles after blowing call after call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad