UNB Reds Thread (Part5)

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Every player on this team would have told you right up until clinching the berth in the AUS final that there were no guarantees. This is an incredibly focused group who is only worried about the next game and the mission will not be fulfilled until they win their last game of the year. This is a special group, writing history as they go.

We were at Game 2 in Moncton and the final 2 periods were a masterclass in the REDS signature forecheck. It must have seemed to UdeM in those periods like there were 7-8 Reds on the ice at one time.

If the Reds are on their game this week they will be very tough to play against for sure.

I watched both games on the interweb and have seen up close what the Red Army can do. Very skilled and dedicated bunch. There is nowhere to go when they play team defense. I fully expect them to run the table in Toronto.

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Curious what they might plan for a celebration in Fredericton? I think the AUC is hosting curling until at least the end of this week.

AUC has Canadian Mixed Doubles curling till Friday afternoon, then a NB provincial curling tournament for kids under-12 till Sunday.

Drummer

Better Red than Dead
Mar 20, 2009
Freddy Beach, NB
www.vredshockey.com
Just getting my 2023-24 data file ready for RedSEA.

UNB gave up 22 goals in their last 20 games (Jan. 5th to UCup Finals) for a GAA of 1.10. Crazy

I was joking with some buddy's during the finals that UQTR had to score THREE just to tie and only two teams post Christmas had done it (DAL 7-3 Jan. 6 and SFX 5-3 Feb. 2). UQTR would need Richard to pull a muscle, then for Outhouse (with 5 shutouts himself) to come in and get injured to get to Somers. Even with that crazy scenario - they probably still get the shutout.

Reactions: AUC Regular and Rob

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
I was told by a good source that he wants to go pro as soon as possible
I’m interested to see what happens with the “COVID recruits”. There are still some players around the league who have been at school for one more year than their eligibility indicates so I wonder how many (if any) take advantage of that. Or do we see a lot of guys in their 3rd year of eligibility (Willms/Keating/Nurse/Carson/Landry) move on because they have completed four years of schooling?

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I’m interested to see what happens with the “COVID recruits”. There are still some players around the league who have been at school for one more year than their eligibility indicates so I wonder how many (if any) take advantage of that. Or do we see a lot of guys in their 3rd year of eligibility (Willms/Keating/Nurse/Carson/Landry) move on because they have completed four years of schooling?
I’ll be disappointed if all those players left but we really have been spoiled lately. We will probably have both goaltenders back. McCallum and McCormick on the blue line.
Plus, there should have high quality recruits coming in.

The narrative going into next season will be fun. How long can the streak last?

Reactions: AUC Regular

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
What are the odds Peter Reynold ends up at UNB next year? He’s having a pretty decent season, but has surprisingly seen his numbers decline quite a bit since getting traded from SJ to Halifax.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00