Ukraine: Ukraine National team

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
Upper and Troschinsky both stopped around 5 years ago and came back in 2011, did something happen? Or do the owners just not care anymore?

Either way, interesting story, thanks

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Upper and Troschinsky both stopped around 5 years ago and came back in 2011, did something happen? Or do the owners just not care anymore?

Either way, interesting story, thanks

They still care, but as I hinted some few posts earlier, it looks like from this season the league doesn't consider Kazakh players as foreigners just like Belarussian players.

For example Upper's team Atlant.

5 foreigners:
Kotschnew
Niskala
Andersson
Zackrinsson
Radivojevic

Dual nationals nationals playing for Russia:
Rudenko (well not playing)
Zherdev
Barulin

Plus there's German International Lewandowski who's still on International hockey hiatus since he started playing in Russia, so he's still "local" player.

And that leaves Upper as sixth foreigner.

For Vityaz situation is easier and it confirms my theory. They have five Canadians on roster + Troschinky. Of course, you can argue that there rarely has been a game were all of their Canadians been iced in a same game because of suspensions, therefore making juggling of six foreigners quite possible.

Same for Traktor - 5 foreigners + Razin (local player) + Kazakh international Vasilchenko.

As you can see I've not provided any links so I can be wrong, but it sure looks like that I'm right.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Ukraine NT players with KHL experience like Kasyanchuk, Shakhraychuk, Simchuk, and Mikhnov have all found their way back to Ukraine.

Maybe Kasyanchuk and Mikhnov could get back in KHL at some point.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ukraine NT players with KHL experience like Kasyanchuk, Shakhraychuk, Simchuk, and Mikhnov have all found their way back to Ukraine.

Maybe Kasyanchuk and Mikhnov could get back in KHL at some point.

Only with a Ukrainian KHL team, otherwise I think it's unlikely.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Is there any talk of a Ukrainian KHL team for next season? Isn't Donbass trying to move up? Would be great if they or Sokil could become a KHL team and use the other for development in the VHL. An MHL team would be great for Ukrainian development as well.

Clearly there's a lot needed for them to get back on track, but the Ukrainian league and VHL team are a start!

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Is there any talk of a Ukrainian KHL team for next season? Isn't Donbass trying to move up? Would be great if they or Sokil could become a KHL team and use the other for development in the VHL. An MHL team would be great for Ukrainian development as well.

Clearly there's a lot needed for them to get back on track, but the Ukrainian league and VHL team are a start!

According to owner Borys Kolesnikov, applying to the KHL depends on how the team performs in the VHL. If they win then they will apply to the KHL and already have an agreement in place for reasonable accommodation for a new arena and MHL team.

http://www.mournhockey.com.ua/page-id-1171.html (Russian)

http://translate.google.ca/translat...ml&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1024&bih=616&prmd=imvns (English)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
The decision on applying for will depend on our athletic performance. If the "Donbass" will take part in the Cup final Bratina, the logical next step - filing in the KHL. At this point we have an arrangement with Mr. Medvedev, on a reasonable postponement of time to build a new arena and team building for the Youth Hockey League. If we do this season will act worse, then there would be no logic in our application in the KHL.

so even if they apply they need to build a new arena, or does this mean they'd be allowed to build one and play out of their current one for the time being?

and is he saying, if they make it to the finals then they'll do it, or just base it on overall performance? I mean, they're already performing well, is he really going to base the team's future aspirations on playoff results?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
so even if they apply they need to build a new arena, or does this mean they'd be allowed to build one and play out of their current one for the time being?

and is he saying, if they make it to the finals then they'll do it, or just base it on overall performance? I mean, they're already performing well, is he really going to base the team's future aspirations on playoff results?

Honestly, I think they'll apply regardless if they win or not. They've apparently been successful already this season, so I don't see why they wouldn't apply. Would be great for Ukrainian hockey. It will be interesting to see if they get a team, which Ukrainian players they can attract to play for them.

If Donbass goes to the KHL, which Ukrainian team will move up to the VHL? Donbass-2 or Sokol?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Honestly, I think they'll apply regardless if they win or not. They've apparently been successful already this season, so I don't see why they wouldn't apply. Would be great for Ukrainian hockey. It will be interesting to see if they get a team, which Ukrainian players they can attract to play for them.

If Donbass goes to the KHL, which Ukrainian team will move up to the VHL? Donbass-2 or Sokol?

Why would an additional Ukrainian team move up to VHL? Farm team in VHL isn't a requirement. Every current non-Russian club have farm team in local league. In addition to that, there are Russian teams with no farm at all.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
http://isport.ua/hockey/ukraine/news/193072.html

updates on Uke players around the leagues

Kvitchenko and Zadoenko won't be MHL eligible next year - does this make them FAs?

Most likely.

It's interesting that Gaiduchenko is mentioned in this article, but that's probably only a wishful journalism. As I already wrote, becoming an Ukrainian International will hurt his KHL chances severely, who would waste a valuable foreigner spot on a backup goalie?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Most likely.

It's interesting that Gaiduchenko is mentioned in this article, but that's probably only a wishful journalism. As I already wrote, becoming an Ukrainian International will hurt his KHL chances severely, who would waste a valuable foreigner spot on a backup goalie?

Well this could be a well calculated risk because if Donbass comes to the KHL in the next 2 years I'm sure he would be penciled in as the starter if he gets the citizenship.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I don't see a reason to have any Ukrainian teams in the VHL if Donbas gets promoted

Why would an additional Ukrainian team move up to VHL? Farm team in VHL isn't a requirement. Every current non-Russian club have farm team in local league. In addition to that, there are Russian teams with no farm at all.

Ahh, I thought that was a requirement.

Well this could be a well calculated risk because if Donbass comes to the KHL in the next 2 years I'm sure he would be penciled in as the starter if he gets the citizenship.

Very true. Having a goalie like Gaiduchenko would be a great boost to Ukraine.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010

He will only make that calculated risk, when Donbass actually join the league and offers him a long term deal. And if Donbass will have true Donetsk-esque aspirations, I'm not sure he would be a starting goalie at all.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
what do you mean by 'donetsk-esque aspirations'? that they'll go BPA?

Indeed. Like Donetsk in football, "also ran" isn't good enough. Gathering local talant and fighting for last playoff spot like Riga is doing might not be in their plans at all.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Oseledets a young goalie from CSKA system has already moved to Donbass and I think will be getting a Ukr passport. He was pushed by two young goalies (Vokov and Filonenko) and started the season off poorly.

As for a replacement for Donbass in the VHL - I don't think it's necessarily for Ukraine at all if they are to develop a local league strong enough to develop prospects for Donbass. Something is telling me - Ukraine is many years away though with the way hockey's been treated there....Is Donbass going to have an MHL-B team next year?

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Ukraine's WC roster is announced and it is painfully mediocre.

Varlamov is out with an injury once again, Andrushenko's and Yegorov's paperwork didn't go through in time. One notable addition is Yevgeni Pastukh who somehow makes his Ukraine being 33 years old, it's ridiculous (but understandable) that he haven't even suited up for Ukraine U teams previously. There are two more such blank page additions, VHL-ers Toryanik and Ramazanov. Also making his full debut is D-men Petrukhno, he had a solid year in PHL after several pretty miserable seasons in NA hockey basements. Bobkin returns after 5 year exile from NT which, Yakovenko returns from 12 (twelwe!) year exile.

If Ukraine will any noise in this year, it will be achieved by hard work rather than talanted roster.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
they have now lost to Hungary and Austria

I watched first game, and they lost deservedly. Austria was ****, but Ukraine even more so. Realistically they will fight for survival against Japan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad