Post-Game Talk (GBU): Ugly in Saint Louie

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- not much good, Noidberg started strong, can't fault him on most of the goals. First 2 were just good shots
-Sabres played well, even Hitch mentioned it to Pierre during those *on the bench* interview
-Sabres stood up for Ennis after Cole shoved him to the boards

B-Schwartz made Myers look silly on the 3rd goal
-Hodgson, Weber and Stewart taking dumb penalties
-Deslauriers spear that resulted in 3 goals to end the game

U- Sabres let Steen troll them all game, but it was an entertaining game
-Gorges injured

Wheels came off, highlights to me were Zads and Ennis tag team match, Gionta taking on 2 Blues defenders, Risto had someone (Steen?) in a UFC style submission hold. Lowlights were Des at the end, Hodgson turning left when the puck rebounded right and Schwartz stutter-stepping Myers.

Bps21*

I don't know if it fits under good, bad or ugly...but this game was all about being able to say it was one of our best games, that being true, and us still losing by 5 goals. It's probably all three good, bad and ugly.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I don't know if it fits under good, bad or ugly...but this game was all about being able to say it was one of our best games, that being true, and us still losing by 5 goals. It's probably all three good, bad and ugly.

Really?

Bps21*

It's the first time we weren't outshot in like three years.

So yes. Really.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
G: One of the best games of the season
B: Couldn't capitalize on our chances
U: Conceded 6 goals anyway

Rastin

Jul 14, 2004
Good: Our key prospects are getting better and better every night. Girgensons, Risto and Zads looked good. Especially Girgensons, if he keeps this up he could Bergeron-esque in a year or two. Absolutely love his game.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
G: Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis is a competitive NHL line with NHL players.
Zadorov is awesome. Zads/Risto gives us something to care about.
Tarasenko is a superstar

B: I'm pretty done with Myers. If you can get Nuke or even Larkin for him, pull the trigger asap.

U: Des spearing and the PP that followed. That was not a 6-1 game.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Good: Only 65 more games to what's sure to be an exciting draft for the Sabres

Bad: 65 more games till it's over

Ugly: Des's spear, that is bush league
Oh, and 65 more hellish games

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
G: Moulson-Girgensons-Ennis is a competitive NHL line with NHL players.
Zadorov is awesome. Zads/Risto gives us something to care about.
Tarasenko is a superstar

B: I'm pretty done with Myers. If you can get Nuke or even Larkin for him, pull the trigger asap.

U: Des spearing and the PP that followed. That was not a 6-1 game.

I'm starting to agree with you on this. Myers has all the talent in the world but his hockey IQ is close to zero. He's a 2nd pairing Dman on a cup contending team and if we can get Nuke for him, pull the trigger asap. It will also help our tank this year.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I'm starting to agree with you on this. Myers has all the talent in the world but his hockey IQ is close to zero. He's a 2nd pairing Dman on a cup contending team and if we can get Nuke for him, pull the trigger asap. It will also help our tank this year.

Does the tank need anymore help this year?

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
I'm not really sure how you can simultaneously hate on Myers while believing Nich will seamlessly develop into a top 10 winger because he did well as an 18 year old in a role vastly easier than what he will be asked to fill as a finished product.

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013

I'm a Myers lover. I think we all know and see that from my posts and past history of what I think of him. But I'm starting to sour on him a little bit too.

I think if you can get an upgrade at defense by packaging him and a late first, I'd pull the trigger.

Or I'd LOVE to get Nichushkin for him.

He's been made silly the past few games.

I'm NOT saying I give up on him yet, b/c the whole team honestly sucks. But he's done some crappy stuff that really annoys me and I've been watching him closely the past few games... :/

The only thing is I WANT a defensemen that can be signed via free agency this year or traded for that can play top pairing minutes. I don't want to throw Risto/Zads/McCabe/Pysyk into the fire by playing top pairing minutes right away. They should be eased into the role.

FamilyGuy716

Jun 15, 2011
Amherst NY
I'm not really sure how you can simultaneously hate on Myers while believing Nich will seamlessly develop into a top 10 winger because he did well as an 18 year old in a role vastly easier than what he will be asked to fill as a finished product.

I've loved Nich and was hoping we were going to take him (although I also love Risto and I'm happy with that pick). I don't know that Nich will be a top 10 winger, it's a bit of a gamble but I love his game and think he has a great chance to be an elite winger. I don't hate Myers, I just don't think he'll ever be a true top pairing dman because of his low hockey IQ.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Wait, because Myers didn't pan out, we shouldn't have hope that Nichushkin might?

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I thought one of the Blues fans nailed it by stating how awkward Myers is. Like others said, his hockey sense just is not there. He has all the potential in the world but I would look to move him if the right offer came along.

struckbyaparkedcar

Guilty of Being Right
Mar 1, 2008
Upstate NY
Wait, because Myers didn't pan out, we shouldn't have hope that Nichushkin might?
Even if you ignore how Myers will help develop the current stable of defensemen develop by absorbing difficult matchups until Z/R/P take that mantle from him, he's still more valuable than Nich unless the kid hits his ceiling.

Dynamic second pairing defensemen > great but not elite wings. Unless I am guaranteed the sort of instant offense on any line that Chicago gets from Kane, I don't care about Nichushkin until this team's core is established and clearly needs wing scoring to put it over the top. Especially when it's too early to call Myers' development "not panning out."

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
It stinks that Myers has to be played in this role. Im not sure he can play this many minutes. He has to be out in every important situation and it seems like it's already wearing him down.

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
Weber was too aggressive last night. There were a couple plays where he got involved in shoving matches and looked like he was trying to hurt someone. Admittedly the ones I remember involved Blues players taking post whistle swipes at Neuvirth, but his reactions still seemed over the top. One example: http://gfycat.com/DeadlyTemptingHart#?format=gif

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Weber was too aggressive last night. There were a couple plays where he got involved in shoving matches and looked like he was trying to hurt someone. Admittedly the ones I remember involved Blues players taking post whistle swipes at Neuvirth, but his reactions still seemed over the top. One example: http://gfycat.com/DeadlyTemptingHart#?format=gif

I'll give him a pass on that one since it was Steen and it was after Steen fought Ennis.

cardiffgiant

Continue without supporting us
Sep 28, 2005
I agree on Weber. That play in particular, after he knocked Steen down it looked like he tried to unscrew his head like it was the top to a pickle jar.

SabresBillsBuffalo

May 4, 2010
Buffalo
Myers gets walked once(not saying its his first time) and is now the worst player ever.

I give basically everyone on this roster a break.

How can you really go out and try to in games, knowing if you get the first pick you have a chance to play with a kid who's gonna be a future Hart Candidate.

I don't even get mad anymore, loved their battle last night.

Des spear was meh, kinda just poked him, Tarasenko sold it well and earned his team 3 goals. Good on his part. Weird how Lucic can spear someone in nads and its okay.

65 more to go!

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
I'll give him a pass on that one since it was Steen and it was after Steen fought Ennis.

Oh, that provides a little context to that one. The other one I remember was in the first. A Blues player took a chop at Neuvirth and Weber responded with a hack at the offending player. He got surprising angry when the guy returned the favor - seemed like it could've been a fight if the refs weren't pulling them apart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad