Ugliest Players of All-time?

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I thought this thread would have been deleted in 12 minutes, and yet here we are 12 years later...

Who are the modern contenders to Chelios and Ricci?

Brent Burns is pretty gnarly looking with the duck dynasty beard and missing teeth.

Eichel looks like he should be playing hacky sack in the quad.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
I remember being a young kid watching Ranger Islander games in the early 2000's and being actually frightened at the sight of Kenny Johnsson's mug.

kenny-jnsson-5fe85d29-3e86-45a3-bba9-b852833bcfd-resize-750.jpeg

kenny-jonsson-1996-38.jpg

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
I thought this thread would have been deleted in 12 minutes, and yet here we are 12 years later...

I was kind of thinking the same thing. On the other hand, most of these guys have lived a better life than most of the posters on these boards. I'll gladly trade in my mug and my level of success for theirs any day.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
How about Al Iafrate and his awful haircut?
Danny Gare wasnt a pleasant looking fella either in the later half of his career as his hairline became nonexistent.

Come on, the Al lafrate Skullett as hair goes is a classic.

Last edited by a moderator:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
I remember being a young kid watching Ranger Islander games in the early 2000's and being actually frightened at the sight of Kenny Johnsson's mug.

kenny-jnsson-5fe85d29-3e86-45a3-bba9-b852833bcfd-resize-750.jpeg

kenny-jonsson-1996-38.jpg

the bastard love child between Matt Damon and Randy Travis

young kenny looks a lot like the actor jesse plemmons, who played landry on friday night lights and evil todd on breaking bad. my wife and i used to call him ugly matt, because of his resemblance to matt damon, only, you know.

but man he grew up busey-like didn’t he?

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

thegoldenyear

RIP Mike Bossy
May 13, 2013
Toronto
Geoff Courtnall always amused me as a solid example of a guy demonstrably from the same gene pool as his much more classically handsome brother (Russ). It happens a lot IRL. While not “ugly” per se, Geoff was Earth Two Courtnall in every way - the over-caffeinated eyes, the size and shape of the schnozz, the wrangled lips, a couple cheap-looking haircuts (especially the high brush-cut).

Did he know it? My best friend and I were at a Canucks game back in the day, and during the pre-game skatearound Geoff was scanning the crowd just as my pal said “you are the ugliest mother****er I have ever...” - WAY too quietly for Geoff to hear, and not with any great show of contempt, either, but maybe Geoff can read lips, because he mouthed back “**** you” before he made his turn. We loved that.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
young kenny looks a lot like the actor jesse plemmons, who played landry on friday night lights and evil todd on breaking bad. my wife and i used to call him ugly matt, because of his resemblance to matt damon, only, you know.

but man he grew up busey-like didn’t he?

man did he ever get fat for gram Torino and the Irishman

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
man did he ever get fat for gram Torino and the Irishman
Somehow the dude got to marry Kirsten Dunst while at that size. She looks better than ever these days.

May I throw in the mug of Brad Marchand? Hate him as an opponent, think he's top-10 in the league in terms of offensive talent, but genetics did him no favor.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Just ugly - Allan Stanley:
images~2.jpg

Scary - Maurice Richard:
images(1)~2.jpg

One injury - Borje Salming:
7zsxzmnq7n001~2.jpg

Career - Terry Sawchuk:
terry_sawchuk_face_of_goalie_1966_small~2.jpg

The scariest part of both Richard and Sawchuk are the eyes.

Last edited:

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
We should just have a "worst hair" thread. Starting with those perms that some younger players got at the end of the 70s/very-early 80s:
EUjPNeDXQAArrx2.jpg

DRcjiq6UMAEqUn1.jpg

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Four pages in and nobody has mentioned...
auston-matthews-of-the-toronto-maple-leafs-poses-for-a-portrait-for-picture-id1172818219

Who’s uglier?

dammit can’t figure out photo function but it’s an ugly picture of Eichel. Dude looks like a chia pet gnome when he doesn’t have the right haircut and facial hair.
KKcZt4v5EAyPrxZ76

KKcZt4v5EAyPrxZ76

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad