Post-Game Talk: Ugh.... Leafs lose in SO to the Sens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Our attempts were so pathetic. They just shoot the puck with zero deke attempts. You need to deke the goalie not just try to shoot by them

If only we had a couple of nifty danglemen on the team to use in the shootout. Oh well. :rolly:

Seriously it's like Babs wants to lose the shootout judging by his picks.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Please, please Lou get a 1st pairing defenceman in the near future. I just hate to see this D. Seriously Marincin, **** off. We were playing a good sound game beating the Sens in regulation, and he throws out the **** puck with 2 minutes left.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
A team with this talent shouldn't lose in the shootout often.

However much we are practicing it, needs to be quadrupled.

Also, **** Marincin.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
You will see a lot more of that while his time here...This loss is on Babcock. Great PK choice at the end + OT + Shootout

I am genuinely surprised hyman hasn't had at least one shoot out attempt yet this season

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Please, please Lou get a 1st pairing defenceman in the near future. I just hate to see this D. Seriously Marincin, **** off. We were playing a good sound game beating the Sens in regulation, and he throws out the **** puck with 2 minutes left.

Good luck with that. Better off wishing for an overpaid 3rd pairing D who can at least hold his own over Corrado or Marincin. That's at least somewhat likely.

Sonny21

Registerd User
Oct 3, 2009
Babcock deserves to get his licks for not playing Nylander and JVR with that 3 on 3. I just don't get it, really bad decision on his part. As I've said, I never complain about Babcock really, but that was bad.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
If Leafs miss the playoff by a point or two thank Babcock for his ridiculousness of not using Willy in OT or Shootouts

On-the-Fly

Feb 6, 2007
If youre going to lose, lose in OT. The point counts.
The shootout sucks when you suck at it. I cant imagine we are going to suck at it for very long. If thats an ot game, Leafs win.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Are there any good defensive centres and a #4-5 dman available for cheap? That's the only solution I can find to these blown leads.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Marincin and Hunwick back to their old ways. We pretty much found a way to lose; terrible penalty by marincin, hunwick being hunwick, and Kadri whiffing on an empty net. And why is Nylander not taking the shootouts? I don't get it. JVR just sucks at it; it's the same damn move every time.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Should of used nylander in ot he is tailor made for it and this isn't the first time. At this point it seems very likely Babcock just doesn't like nylander and nothing he does can change that. Terrible coaching in ot zach hyman and Leo komarov for multiple shifts before using jvr and nylander

Every coach over plays there son.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Sigh.

Marincin played well, but that dumb penalty he took is inexcusable.

Oh well. The season is still young and there are lots more games to be played. On to the next one.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Please just go with Kadri, Marner and Nylander for the next few shootouts at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad