OT: UFC THREAD (spoilers)

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
OMFG Who just saw that

ibpTAYvgSlVH1S.gif

Pseudonymous*

Exactly why i hate this guy, i watched one fight with him doing exactly that when he fought Griffin and i couldn't stomach watching another fight of his.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
I stood up and applauded when it happened. You couldn't help but cheer for Weidman after that circus.

Dural

Jul 1, 2013
Pretending to be KO'ed and grabbing onto Herb's leg was just an extension of the clowning. The fact that it mistakenly resulted in a real loss is unfortunate.

Win One Before I Die

Cautious Optimism
Jul 31, 2007
You don't watch silva fights do you?.

Silva has done that 10000 times before, this time he got caught.

ive seen all 11 of his last fights, hes 40, time to retire. Remember Pride? Its gone because of rigged fights.

If he didn't dive, good riddance but his last loss was a definite dive in Pride. Don't act like corruption doesn't dictate some of these fights... Do you think we live in an honest world? lol

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
Word is that Dana White was going to announce a superfight between GSP and Silva *WHEN* Silva won the fight. Silva was at GSP's last fight, GSP was there tonight...

... too bad that didn't happen.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
My friends thought I was clinically insane when I chose weidman, anderson just has trouble getting going against elite submission guys. My only concern was weidman looked tired, but he was dominant on the ground, in the rematch he needs to come in better condition and I like his chances.

Now I just need floyd mayweather to loose to canelo alveraz, and jones to loose to gustafsson and all will be right in the world.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
ive seen all 11 of his last fights, hes 40, time to retire. Remember Pride? Its gone because of rigged fights.

If he didn't dive, good riddance but his last loss was a definite dive in Pride. Don't act like corruption doesn't dictate some of these fights... Do you think we live in an honest world? lol

LoL this is how awful information gets spread, as someone who followed pride since I was in high school in 2002 and could watch thanks to purchasing one of those hacked directv boxes that used to be readily available cheaply and could watch the ppv's. Pride died because of yakuza ties, the national channel that aired it in japan fuji tv then dropped them after the headlines made its way into a japanese news paper.

Pride had some works early on where it was more of a prowrestling mma promotion in early 2000 and prior. If any other fights were considered a work, it was purely speculation, and they would have involved japanese wrestlers not actual elite mma fighters. They were not working fights early on for the benefit of foreign fighters, it was for home town heros.

Silva did this every fight, and every fight he does this against weak strikers like bonnar and comes back and wins he is pegged by fans as the GOAT, so when he does it one to many times and is on the opposite end, it had to be a work. Chael sonnen dropped him, he has like all but very few humans a KO button right on the chin if hit perfectly.

Nov 1, 2011
Can't believe I lost $240 because a guy couldn't take a title fight seriously.

Glad Anderson got KOed...wish it didn't cost me money.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
It was bound to happen eventually. Anderson is 38 now and age (and ego) has caught up to him.

Ran into a kid who could handle him and gave him extra motivation with his taunting.

Glad he lost.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
my homeboy spent his whole career clowning his opponents. at last it caught up to him

now he'll be considered the GOAT for decades to come

Ballgarath

Jun 17, 2012
B.C.
Word is that Dana White was going to announce a superfight between GSP and Silva *WHEN* Silva won the fight. Silva was at GSP's last fight, GSP was there tonight...

... too bad that didn't happen.

the actual word is that the reason roy jones jr was at ufc 162 was to talk to dana about fighting anderson next not gsp as dana already said gsp wouldnt fight anderson and has a fight scheduled any way , i dont see how the word is about gsp, where did you hear that nonsense about anderson's next fight being gsp?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad