GDT: UFC on Fox: VanZant vs. Waterson

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
i'm a big believer that Northcutt should spend a few years in the regionals. You shouldn't be spending your first development years in the UFC. he's super raw everywhere, even in the striking. he's just at the start of the 3rd year of his pro career.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sage isn't good, but neither is Gall. He gets trashed by 90% of the guys at 170 in the UFC. Wonder who he finds bad enough to call out this time.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Sage is only 20 years old

I'd be curious what the average age is of fighters making their UFC debut

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yup.

Gall also needs to spend as much time as he can at Tri Star.

That's where Sage should have stayed. Instead, he left after a brief stay and then I think he mostly started training under his dad again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Gall just called out a guy who stopped fighting because of a medical condition and hasn't fought in 4 years.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That Cruz/Garbrandt exchange was bad, but so was Gall calling out a retired guy. I'm still recovering from watching the main event fighters have a dance-off yesterday at the weigh-ins. Not sure how to rank all of this in terms of being hard to watch.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
i'm a big believer that Northcutt should spend a few years in the regionals. You shouldn't be spending your first development years in the UFC. he's super raw everywhere, even in the striking. he's just at the start of the 3rd year of his pro career.

That's where Sage should have stayed. Instead, he left after a brief stay and then I think he mostly started training under his dad again.

Pretty much. He's a regional level fighter training with his dad. Hell go train with Thompson and his dad with trips to Longo/Serra. So funny how Gall went to Tristar.

Gall just called out a guy who stopped fighting because of a medical condition and hasn't fought in 4 years.

Never retired. Still said he'll fight again and wants it to be at LW. Think he's had that medical thing for years similar to Rashad Evans.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That was weird. She dropped her arms like she was unconscious but wasn't out when the ref got in. Either perfect timing or she didn't want to tap and kind of faked it.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
That was weird. She dropped her arms like she was unconscious but wasn't out when the ref got in. Either perfect timing or she didn't want to tap and kind of faked it.

Faked what?? She clearly wasn't going to tap out, but was clearly turning blue.

Ref had to stop it. That was a beautiful takedown by Waterson

I was disappointed with Sage, he needs to develop some killer instinct. When Sage got up near the end of the 1st, Mickey was down and vulnerable and he cracked his head once but then told him to get up.

Man if an elite fighter was given that they would have gone in for the kill so quickly.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Faked what?? She clearly wasn't going to tap out, but was clearly turning blue.

Ref had to stop it. That was a beautiful takedown by Waterson

I was disappointed with Sage, he needs to develop some killer instinct. When Sage got up near the end of the 1st, Mickey was down and vulnerable and he cracked his head once but then told him to get up.

Man if an elite fighter was given that they would have gone in for the kill so quickly.

Sage's problem is that he runs out of gas fast, he probably didn't want to burn himself out.

member 51464

Sage and Northcutt both have massive holes in their game. Really don't think either should be in the UFC at this point.

member 51464

ha, bad typo on my part. Let me try again:

Sage Northcutt and Mickey Gall should both go down a level and fight regionally for a couple years.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Sage was piecing Gall up on the feet. But was getting caught as well. Both are very raw, Northcutt NEEDS to get to a legit camp. Gall's well on his way with Tristar, where Sage SHOULD be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad