GDT: UFC on Fox: VanZant vs. Waterson

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I just Googled your nominees

I'd say Veronica is definitely in the running and I'd certainly put her ahead of Vanzant

Alexa Grasso shouldn't be in the conversation though

Alexa Grasso looks 14. My ranking among legit, serious fighters is Carano, Karate Hottie then some combination of Paige, Miesha, Joanna Violence and Felice Herrig. Michelle Waterson is 10x hotter than the ring girls, and anyone who thinks that isn't a huge part of Paige/Waterson getting the main event is fooling themselves.Gall has a slick ground game, and Northcutt's best win is ... Cody Pfister? And his one loss was by sub. Dangerous fight for Super Sage. No line, straight up bet, I'm taking Gall.

Grasso > VanZant

Obviously Carano tops anything, but she doesn't fight anymore. I'd like Tate up there too if she still fought. Joanna is far and away the weirdest choice.

member 51464

Are Sage and Mickey fighting at welterweight or lightweight?

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
should be rather interesting to see where PVZ's mma game is at. watching PVZ's last fight, i question if PVZ has any championship level potential at strawweight. she went from being an aggressive physical overwhelming fighter to trying to be a cute-sy finesse striker, which doesn't feel like it should be a natural progression to her physical and mental attributes.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
should be rather interesting to see where PVZ's mma game is at. watching PVZ's last fight, i question if PVZ has any championship level potential at strawweight. she went from being an aggressive physical overwhelming fighter to trying to be a cute-sy finesse striker, which doesn't feel like it should be a natural progression to her physical and mental attributes.

Has anyone ever thought she was a future championship contender? I just don't see it. She's an athletic girl but she doesn't have any elite skills.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Has anyone ever thought she was a future championship contender? I just don't see it. She's an athletic girl but she doesn't have any elite skills.

casuals :laugh:

really hard to say with PVZ, she's still 22, but she already has 4 years of pro mma experience. quite possible she might not make more major growth.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
casuals :laugh:

really hard to say with PVZ, she's still 22, but she already has 4 years of pro mma experience. quite possible she might not make more major growth.

It's hard to say because it's really up to her. She's athletic and she's tough. If she wants to improve the rest of her skills she's got a shot, but she has to put the time in.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Right now, SW is where WWs were maybe 6 years ago. You can get far with just athletic ability and not having elite level skills. PVZ can be outgrappled and out struck by a lot of women right now. She's still growing though. I think she should go somewhere with elite level striking coaching.

Brandon Gibson/Mike Winklejohn do such an amazing job with athletic lanky fighters.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Right now, SW is where WWs were maybe 6 years ago. You can get far with just athletic ability and not having elite level skills. PVZ can be outgrappled and out struck by a lot of women right now. She's still growing though. I think she should go somewhere with elite level striking coaching.

Brandon Gibson/Mike Winklejohn do such an amazing job with athletic lanky fighters.

IMO, her working with Wink is a step to the wrong direction. PVZ's mma game is most functional because she's using her aggressive physicality to fade her opponents. her learning how to outfight as the next step of her evolution feels very much like the path of most resistance.

When i think california-based gyms, aggression and elite striking coaching, I think Kings MMA with Rafael Cordeiro. Her ground game would grow with elite grapplers in that gym and Cordeiro knows how to turn grapplers into "In-your-face" strikers.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Let's get off the who's hotter topic guys.

I think it's a weird card in that, like others mentioned, looks/sex appeal played a factor in determining it. So if ever a thread deserved some hottest female discussion, it's this one.

Looking back at what I wrote earlier this week, I will back off some of my comments and agree that we've got two of the best looking active UFC girls in there.

Looking forward to Faber tonight. He carried the WEC for a long time and this is a great finale. Hopefully he gets a vintage choke submission.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I think it's a weird card in that, like others mentioned, looks/sex appeal played a factor in determining it. So if ever a thread deserved some hottest female discussion, it's this one.

Looking back at what I wrote earlier this week, I will back off some of my comments and agree that we've got two of the best looking active UFC girls in there.

Looking forward to Faber tonight. He carried the WEC for a long time and this is a great finale. Hopefully he gets a vintage choke submission.

Guessing he drops him, chokes him out. Brad Pickett is on a down stretch for sure. Wish he fought a better guy on his way out, as much as I love One Punch.

Have to admit, I was never a Faber fan. Always a Mike Brown guy

Thad Castle

Jun 30, 2014
I've only seen the last two fights and both were pretty bad. Hopefully it gets better the rest of the way.

I'll have to check the earlier prelims out later.

First three were good. Nothing special but were much more entertaining than the past couple fights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad