GDT: UFC on Fox: VanZant vs. Waterson

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
http://fightland.vice.com/blog/sage-northcutt-stops-training-at-tristar-on-advice-of-father

Sage's dad removed him from Tristar. He needs to take a step back. I think Jordan Mein is the same way though I know he's made trips to ATT.

What about Alliance for Sage?

Where ever he goes, his dad needs to butt out. I like the idea of him going up to NY to train with Wonderyboy and co., Mark Henry striking and Serra BJJ. JacksonWink could take him to next level as well.

Or just say **** it and go train with Gall @ Tristar. Would hate to see someone with that much talent waste it doing drills with his dad.

I found articles from Feb. of this year, after his Barberena loss, where he's saying he was going full time at Tristar, wonder what happened, his father must've stepped in again.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Where ever he goes, his dad needs to butt out. I like the idea of him going up to NY to train with Wonderyboy and co., Mark Henry striking and Serra BJJ. JacksonWink could take him to next level as well.

Or just say **** it and go train with Gall @ Tristar. Would hate to see someone with that much talent waste it doing drills with his dad.

I found articles from Feb. of this year, after his Barberena loss, where he's saying he was going full time at Tristar, wonder what happened, his father must've stepped in again.

Read the article above. He left Tristar prior to his December fight I think it was. I'm not sure I love Tristar for him. They're very, very technical guys while he's a good striker, I think someone that could explore his kicks and footwork more would be a better fit. Doesn't Mark Henry train Edson Barboza? Dude has certainly shored up his weaknesses.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Faked what?? She clearly wasn't going to tap out, but was clearly turning blue.

Ref had to stop it. That was a beautiful takedown by Waterson

I was disappointed with Sage, he needs to develop some killer instinct. When Sage got up near the end of the 1st, Mickey was down and vulnerable and he cracked his head once but then told him to get up.

Man if an elite fighter was given that they would have gone in for the kill so quickly.

PVZ let her arms drop down limp like she had gone out, but she was fine when the ref jumped in. Usually a fighter will tap or will actually go out. She basically acted like she was out so the ref would stop it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
PVZ let her arms drop down limp like she had gone out, but she was fine when the ref jumped in. Usually a fighter will tap or will actually go out. She basically acted like she was out so the ref would stop it.

Or she was on the verge of getting choked unconcious and got snapped out of it when the ref jolted her, it is 100% possible to black out for a quick snap like that. When has PVZ ever been the type to quit?

And on that, while she's getting choked unconcious, she has the presence of mind to think "hmm, I don't want to tap, but if I drop my arms for a bit the ref will jump in.", yah, not buying it.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Read the article above. He left Tristar prior to his December fight I think it was. I'm not sure I love Tristar for him. They're very, very technical guys while he's a good striker, I think someone that could explore his kicks and footwork more would be a better fit. Doesn't Mark Henry train Edson Barboza? Dude has certainly shored up his weaknesses.

I did read the article, but like I said, I seen this article, which was written two months later, after he lost to Barberena.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...full-time-at-tristar-gym-following-ufc-on-fox

Tristar has churned out some VERY well rounded fighters, Aubin-Mercier's striking has looked 100000x better since his TUF days. I have no doubt in their abilities, plus, learning from someone like GSP, on the proper ways to handle the spotlight and to train like a real champion, would be priceless. That being said, that NY crew is some baaaaaad mf's. Sharpening his Karate with Wonderboy? Boxing with Henry/Longo? And grappling with Weidman/Serra? Whew.

He was spotted with the Diaz bros backstage, some Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu would do that boy good as well.

Lots of options out there, I just hope he jumps all in on a legit camp. I really feel with his athleticism and style, he could be great.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I did read the article, but like I said, I seen this article, which was written two months later, after he lost to Barberena.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/2...full-time-at-tristar-gym-following-ufc-on-fox

Tristar has churned out some VERY well rounded fighters, Aubin-Mercier's striking has looked 100000x better since his TUF days. I have no doubt in their abilities, plus, learning from someone like GSP, on the proper ways to handle the spotlight and to train like a real champion, would be priceless. That being said, that NY crew is some baaaaaad mf's. Sharpening his Karate with Wonderboy? Boxing with Henry/Longo? And grappling with Weidman/Serra? Whew.

He was spotted with the Diaz bros backstage, some Cesar Gracie Jiu Jitsu would do that boy good as well.

Lots of options out there, I just hope he jumps all in on a legit camp. I really feel with his athleticism and style, he could be great.

OAM's only fight where his striking looked good was at 206. I think he had like 3 significant strikes over a 15 minute mauling prior to that. Even so, he got dropped. I don't think Tristar would want him back after leaving.

How far is Henry in Jersey to Longo in NY? I seriously have no idea, I'm Canadian. I think it's one or the other. Mark Henry has some really sick talent around Sage's weight class. At the top of my head you have Frankie Edgar, Edson Barboza and Eddie Alvarez.

I can't think of too many guys that have come from Gracie's camp over the past 5 years. Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez and Jake Shields are guys known from there. Isn't Gilb running his own camp now? Sage's dad had a problem with hard sparring and Joe Schilling is a ****ing maniac in sparring, no?

As far as going back to the regionals, ****kk no. Sage is pulling in like 80k for fights + sponorships. ****ing invest it - I get going back to develop but going from 80 to 2k is something..

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
OAM's only fight where his striking looked good was at 206. I think he had like 3 significant strikes over a 15 minute mauling prior to that. Even so, he got dropped. I don't think Tristar would want him back after leaving.

How far is Henry in Jersey to Longo in NY? I seriously have no idea, I'm Canadian. I think it's one or the other. Mark Henry has some really sick talent around Sage's weight class. At the top of my head you have Frankie Edgar, Edson Barboza and Eddie Alvarez.

I can't think of too many guys that have come from Gracie's camp over the past 5 years. Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Gilbert Melendez and Jake Shields are guys known from there. Isn't Gilb running his own camp now? Sage's dad had a problem with hard sparring and Joe Schilling is a ****ing maniac in sparring, no?

As far as going back to the regionals, ****kk no. Sage is pulling in like 80k for fights + sponorships. ****ing invest it - I get going back to develop but going from 80 to 2k is something..

I don't think Faras is one to hold a grudge, plus it was his fathers issue, not Sages, that being said, I think it's the least likely scenario.

I have no clue about the Henry/Longo distance :laugh:, I just know Weidman has been splitting time between the two so it can't be too bad.

And yah, I don't think Sage would go full scrap pack :laugh:, but getting some BJJ in with Nate/Nick/Kron/Shields, etc, wouldn't hurt.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Or she was on the verge of getting choked unconcious and got snapped out of it when the ref jolted her, it is 100% possible to black out for a quick snap like that. When has PVZ ever been the type to quit?

And on that, while she's getting choked unconcious, she has the presence of mind to think "hmm, I don't want to tap, but if I drop my arms for a bit the ref will jump in.", yah, not buying it.

That's what I said originally, it was either perfect timing or she did it on purpose. I just found it very strange, you don't see it very often either way.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
And yah, I don't think Sage would go full scrap pack :laugh:, but getting some BJJ in with Nate/Nick/Kron/Shields, etc, wouldn't hurt.

spending time with the diaz brothers and jake shields could probably do him good. Aside from technical skills being underdeveloped, the kid doesn't seem to handle getting hit really well. His game completely crumbles the moment his opponent put a fist in his face. could benefit from training with the masters of not giving a ****

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
spending time with the diaz brothers and jake shields could probably do him good. Aside from technical skills being underdeveloped, the kid doesn't seem to handle getting hit really well. His game completely crumbles the moment his opponent put a fist in his face. could benefit from training with the masters of not giving a ****

Yah he needs to get some sparring in. I understand when vets like Cowboy say they are done sparring, but young developing fighters need to know how to take a hit and keep on fighting their fight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad