GDT: UFC on ESPN: Vera vs. Sandhagen

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Completely disagree. I think it has more to do with the dominance in the first 2 rounds, making the rest seem competitive in comparison. A total illusion that sways the incompetent mind.

Like I said earlier I wasn't really scoring the fight but this is definitely possible. Often see similar things like when underdogs are doing better than expected but still losing.

I will say the judge did score the first two rounds for Sandhagen so at least he scored the two most obvious rounds properly.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think the 4th was the only one I thought could’ve gone either way but still had it for Cory.

Unofficially Vera got out struck by double digits in each of the last three rounds. Strike totals don’t tell the whole story but I think they give a pretty good idea in this one.

Reactions: pistolpete11

bov

Nov 13, 2010
You clearly have very strong opinions/like to exaggerate and seemingly aren't able to have a normal conversation without blowing things out of proportion. So I won't pry anymore and just simply disagree. Chito clearly lost the fight however, the last 3 rounds weren't nearly dominant or decisive enough to make this one of the worst scorecards in recent memory.

Athletic commissions are terrible.
Fair enough, but I can count on one hand (maybe two) the amount of times I've felt so strongly about a scorecard being THAT bad. There have been a couple really rough ones in the past 6 months but there was a very long stretch prior where I didnt feel strongly about anything even close to that level.

Im not talking about dominance, I'm saying that no rational person can justify 3 rounds in Vera's favor.

Take my "extreme" opinion out of the equation. Even in the aftermath, whether via the round-by-round numbers or consensus media/fan scorecards, it stands out as one of the most egregious UFC scorecards in history. Simple as that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bonuses were easy to pick out tonight. Beginning of the card was better than the end of it

ChiTownPhilly

Not Too Soft
Feb 23, 2010
AnyWorld/I'mWelcomeTo
I’m very drunk and bet on chito and I think 48-47 for him is incredibly stupid

I had 49-46 or 50-45 Sandhagen
I have enough uisce beatha in my cabinet to inebriate a medium-sized college's Greek Row... and I think I'd black out on the stuff before seeing that as a Vera victory.

I had an unconventional final score: 49-45 Sandhagen. First Round was utterly non-competitive. Vera showed a pulse in Round 3... and I was so jazzed that he awakened that I gave him that round- although I might have been viewing it like a dodgy "game-management" referee for doing so.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I have enough uisce beatha in my cabinet to inebriate a medium-sized college's Greek Row... and I think I'd black out on the stuff before seeing that as a Vera victory.

I had an unconventional final score: 49-45 Sandhagen. First Round was utterly non-competitive. Vera showed a pulse in Round 3... and I was so jazzed that he awakened that I gave him that round- although I might have been viewing it like a dodgy "game-management" referee for doing so.

Correct. In hindsight, probably Sandhagen won the round. He certainly out struck Vera significantly. It's just that Vera did a lot better that round compared to the previous 2.

Reactions: ChiTownPhilly

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Watching Dana try to sell Covington as deserving of a title shot in the post-card conference is wild. He actually said they would have done Usman v. Covington 3 next if Usman had won lmao gtfoh

Lol.

Cobly was hanging onto the he pushed Usman close compared to most fighters. Yet he still lost both fights. Including a stoppage. And considering Leon just beat Usman twice in a row, Colby pushing Usman is starting to look less impressive. It's literally the only thing he is hanging onto. He's only beat one currently ranked top 15 welterweight fighter. He should be fighting another top 5 contender and win that before he fights for the belt again.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I thought the judges would probably score it 50-45 or 49-46 because Sandhagen dominated the strike count. He mixed in more leg kicks and takedowns, which are good point scoring moves to steal rounds. I was pretty surprised that one judge gave it to Chito. Although if you didn't check the stats on the round and just judged those rounds by watching it through I don't think having him edge Sandhagen in each of those final 3 rounds is that much of a stretch.

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad