GDT: UFC on ESPN: Holm vs. Aldana

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
50-45 for Holm

That's a near perfect performance by Holm as she was in control from start to finish no matter where the fight went. It's not great for a division that badly needs new contenders though. I don't need to see Holm in another title fight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Easy 50-45 so one of the judges will probably have it 48-47 the other way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
POTN went to GDR, Phillips, Todorovic, Vendramini

Card was honestly not bad. I was expecting it to be putrid but the worst fight was by far the co-main and everything else more or less delivered (if not more than delivered)

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
POTN went to GDR, Phillips, Todorovic, Vendramini

Card was honestly not bad. I was expecting it to be putrid but the worst fight was by far the co-main and everything else more or less delivered (if not more than delivered)
The co-main was terrible, both those fighters should be embarrassed.

Reactions: Killahpunk and CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Holly dominated, but rather disappointing from Aldana. As Felder and Hardy were saying, no effort to cut Holly off. No effort to make her circle the other way. No effort to give her something else to think about. She just seemed willing to chase her around in circles. It's frustrating watching somebody do something that's not working for 5 rounds straight.

Great finish by GDR. Pena kind of gave her her neck, but GDR recognized it and sunk it in quickly.

If Nunes wants to fight, I think they give her Holly again. If she's OK waiting, I'd like to see Holly-GDR rematch at 135. They are clearly the next best 2 in the division at the moment.

Condit looked OK, but a little slow. Don't think he can hang with the best in the division. If they wanted to match him up with some of these other aging vets we have talked about (Lawler, Cowboy, Nick Diaz, Hardy, Matt Brown is another good one), fine, but I really don't want to see him against young, hungry guys.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I’d honestly give GDR another shot at this point. Although I see Amanda taking her time since she just had the newborn so maybe somebody will emerge by the time she steps in at 135 again.

I think GDR’s track record coupled with how she finished this fight makes things a little more interesting. She’s clearly working on submissions. Almost had a Von Preaux in round 1, caught that guillotine in round 2. Seems like she’s still adding tricks. The guillotine is interesting because if she can develop a good one and show last night wasn’t a fluke that’s gonna help her out a lot with ppl that shoot on her. She’s a more technical striker than Amanda imo

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I’d honestly give GDR another shot at this point. Although I see Amanda taking her time since she just had the newborn so maybe somebody will emerge by the time she steps in at 135 again.

I think GDR’s track record coupled with how she finished this fight makes things a little more interesting. She’s clearly working on submissions. Almost had a Von Preaux in round 1, caught that guillotine in round 2. Seems like she’s still adding tricks. The guillotine is interesting because if she can develop a good one and show last night wasn’t a fluke that’s gonna help her out a lot with ppl that shoot on her. She’s a more technical striker than Amanda imo
Nunes has beat GDR twice, though. The last time was 'closer', but she still thoroughly dominated her. If my memory serves, GDR took a round, but there were some 10-8's thrown in there for Nunes. This was also her first win since losing to Nunes.

I mean Holm is not a great option either after getting finished by Nunes, but this was her second win since losing to Nunes, she only lost to Nunes once, and Holly is just a bigger star than GDR. If I had to pick between them now, I'd go with Holm.

But, I say settle in the cage. GDR-Holm 2. Winner gets Nunes. Maybe in the meantime Nunes defends 145 or takes some time with her new baby.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would just have Nunes fight Vieira, GDR v Holm.

There's nobody to fight at 145lbs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
She’s got a fight booked with Megan Anderson but once she runs through her there is really nobody at any weight class

maybe you can run back Valentina vs Amanda again?

Reactions: pistolpete11

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
She’s got a fight booked with Megan Anderson but once she runs through her there is really nobody at any weight class

maybe you can run back Valentina vs Amanda again?
Shows how excited I am for that one :laugh:

If they could get Holm-GDR booked for like January/February then do the winner vs. Nunes in June. Nunes is like clock work fighting every 6 months, so it would fit into her usual schedule. Might be some quick turnarounds for Holm/GDR, though.

Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad