GDT: UFC on ESPN: Hall vs. Strickland/Bellator 263: Pitbull vs. McKee

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I have 29-28 Sanchez but can see if the judges have it for Burnell. Even though there was some good scrambles, I hate that type of 3rd round.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not sure about that one. Sanchez was piecing him up, especially in Round 1.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Crazy how McKee has ended up being such a good finisher while his Dad was likely the most boring fighter of all-time. Antonio McKee would basically just take guys down and lie on them for 15 or 25 minutes.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Crazy how McKee has ended up being such a good finisher while his Dad was likely the most boring fighter of all-time. Antonio McKee would basically just take guys down and lie on them for 15 or 25 minutes.

the difference between coming up as a wrestler and coming up as a mixed martial artist

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Wow, I was looking forward to this fight but I kind of wanted to see more!!

Also, did the ref just take his word for it that Pitbill was out? Didn't even look like he checked his arm.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't like how the ref didn't check Pitbull.. but he got lucky as Pitbull was out.

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't like how the ref didn't check Pitbull.. but he got lucky as Pitbull was out.

On that 2nd angle Pitbulls hand on the back was moving the whole time. That's a little too close for comfort, ref should have checked himself instead of taking McKees word.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just a flawless performance by McKee. Perfectly timed head kick behind the punch, then the uppercut, and finally the choke. It didn’t look like Pitbull was completely out but he was about to be in another second or so if the ref didn’t step in. Good stoppage.

On the UFC side of things, that ended up being a pretty fun card. Some good finishes and a wild back and forth fight.

Strickland looked pretty good throughout but Hall was also a complete no show for the first couple of rounds and just didn’t look right. I’d still give Strickland the credit though because he fought well and had that jab going right from the start. It looked like he could’ve finished the fight a couple of times when he had Hall hurt.

Reactions: m9

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The post fight comments by Strickland were a little intense.

"I would love nothing more than to kill somebody in the ring. Nothing more. It would make me super happy "

"I would own that s---, too. I don't know if it would make me liable, I might have to say, 'I'm sorry,' if the cops came, but I would own that s---. Own it. Be a psychopath, it's f---ing fun!"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad