Women's Flyweight bout: Antonina Shevchenko vs. Lucie Pudilová
Flyweight bout: Jordan Espinosa vs. Matt Schnell
Women's Flyweight bout: Lauren Murphy vs. Mara Romero Borella
Welterweight bout: Cláudio Silva vs. Cole Williams
Women's Flyweight bout: Miranda Granger vs. Hannah Goldy​

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
What's with the super early start time? I know this event was originally set for Russia, which would explain that, but it's been moved to New Jersey for months now. I guess maybe the time slot on ESPN was already set and they couldn't alter it?

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This card is awful.

Great main event though, looking forward to that fight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm not a fan of Colby, but I think it's better for the division if he wins

With that said, I would think Lawler takes this. If not, it's fair to say he's officially on the decline

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Jim Miller vs Clay Guida is a weak co-main event. To be honest I’m surprised both of them are still in the ufc. They have a combined 24 ufc losses.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jim Miller vs Clay Guida is a weak co-main event. To be honest I’m surprised both of them are still in the ufc. They have a combined 24 ufc losses.

Guida's resume is loaded with big name opponents though

Penn, Ortega, Mendes, Maynard, Benson Henderson, Pettis, Rafael dos Anjos, Nate Diaz, Melendez, Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian, Lauzon, Gomi, Josh Thomson

Ain't no shame coming up short against any of those guys

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It's an interesting matchup because Lawler is still a great defensive wrestler and if it stays standing it's a big edge to Lawler.

I think this fight is way closer to a pickem than the odds are showing - Colby is a pretty big favorite.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I can't stand Covington and don't find him entertaining in any way so I just want to see Lawler win. I think he has a good chance too with his strong takedown defense and clear advantage in striking.

What's with the super early start time? I know this event was originally set for Russia, which would explain that, but it's been moved to New Jersey for months now. I guess maybe the time slot on ESPN was already set and they couldn't alter it?

They must've just wanted to leave it as originally planned. It's weird to see a NA event in the afternoon.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Beside all the cheese. The guy can Wrestle. I think he pins Lawler down personally.
The so obvious heel.. I love it. Heard he's doing the Kurt Angle entrance. It's prize fighting, it's entertainment. I'm glad not every fighter is Colby but I enjoy him.

As far as the fighting goes, he's ranked top 3 for a reason. His pace and wrestling is terrific. I'm really looking forward to this fight, Lawler can sprawl so well it will be interesting to see this play out.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a good fight between Shevchenko and Pudilova. A little bit of everything in a short fight.

Reactions: m9

member 51464

Jesus, Herb. I hate the announcers saying he didn't make a mistake. You have one job, bro.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Herb goofed again on that middle weight fight.

Most overrated ref ever

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I can't stand Covington and don't find him entertaining in any way so I just want to see Lawler win. I think he has a good chance too with his strong takedown defense and clear advantage in striking.

They must've just wanted to leave it as originally planned. It's weird to see a NA event in the afternoon.

I liked him better when he was called Chael Sonnen. This version sucks to hear speak. He's so fake and clownish.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This has been a good card besides that stinker to open the main card. Some nice finishes.

Nasrat might be a guy to keep an eye on going forward. He has been talked up because of his team and looked good today.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Jesus, Herb. I hate the announcers saying he didn't make a mistake. You have one job, bro.

The tap was on the other side so he missed it but he should probably be in better position there.

There have been some premature stoppages as of late and today we've seen three fighters go completely out while the ref checks to make sure. They need to be certain and they can't do anything if a fighter chooses not to tap but there appears to be some over correcting going on.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I forgot this was an early card, but thankfully I clicked the thread just in time for the main event

Literally just opened the stream to find Buffer introducing Lawler

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I can't hate on Colby. He's a grinding wrestler that has turned himself into one of the most interesting personalities in the UFC. I get its been done, but whatever.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
For a guy with supposedly great standup, Lawler doesn't seem to know how to throw a jab

Colby is just walking in on him at will. The jab is supposed to be what keeps him at a distance

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad