GDT: UFC Fight Night: Zabit vs. Kattar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Now I'm even more disappointed it wasn't five rounds. Kattar started coming on towards the end of the second and was at his best in the third.

Should be 29-28 for Zabit. Conditioning appears to be his biggest issue but he's good. They should finally go ahead and make the Yair fight now.

Reactions: CDJ

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Zabit with the massive fade in the 3rd round. Smart for his team to not make this 5 rounds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zabit is really good but I don't think he's ready for a title shot just yet. The Yair fight is the obvious one to make and it should be a five round main event on one of the fight night cards.

Zabit's currently ranked 5th and his last two wins are over Kattar (ranked 11th) and Stephens (ranked 6th at the time)

Yair's currently ranked 6th and his last two wins are over Stephens (ranked 8th at the time) and TKZ (ranked 10th at the time)

The only fighters ranked ahead of them are Volkanovski (fighting Holloway), Ortega (fighting TKZ), Aldo (going down to 135), and Frankie (going down to 135).

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
It just depends what happens with the title fight and the Ortega/Zombie fight. I don't need to see Max fight Ortega again yet, so if they both win I'm fine with Zabit getting the next shot.

Any other combo of winners provides a different option that is more appealing than Zabit.

Reactions: Peter Griffin

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
Thought Hardy showed a tremendous amount of heart taking on a fight with a competitor of Volkov's quality nursing his injuries and everything that was going against him. Was pretty impressed with him. Thought he'd be a meme but I don't know how you stop that boxing ability. If Hardy's hand wasn't hurt, that fight could have been a lot different.

Zabit looks like a mini-Abe Lincoln and fights like I imagine Honest Abe would.

Reactions: h2 and td_ice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Hardy was surprisingly competent. Looks like he may be around for a bit. I get the sense he has quite a chin.

Don’t think he was all that close to winning but I thought he would look like he didn’t belong in the sport. That is not the case, he definitely belongs

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Zabit is really good but I don't think he's ready for a title shot just yet. The Yair fight is the obvious one to make and it should be a five round main event on one of the fight night cards.

Zabit's currently ranked 5th and his last two wins are over Kattar (ranked 11th) and Stephens (ranked 6th at the time)

Yair's currently ranked 6th and his last two wins are over Stephens (ranked 8th at the time) and TKZ (ranked 10th at the time)

The only fighters ranked ahead of them are Volkanovski (fighting Holloway), Ortega (fighting TKZ), Aldo (going down to 135), and Frankie (going down to 135).

Zabit should definitely fight Yair. Winner of Ortega/Zombie should get a title shot against Max/Volkanovski.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Hopefully, a top 10 guy is next for Ankalaev. The guy is very talented. He had that brain cramp at the end of a fight that he was dominating against Paul Craig, but has since looked great.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Zabit should definitely fight Yair. Winner of Ortega/Zombie should get a title shot against Max/Volkanovski.
As much as I like Ortega and even if he beats TKZ, he shouldn't get another shot at Max (if Max wins, of course). Their first fight wasn't very competitive, Ortega hasn't been active since he lost that fight, and one win shouldn't get him a rematch.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad