GDT: UFC Fight Night: Zabit vs. Kattar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
SpF1kpDmxB-H0r0xlVSYLAvJzYENvuLbrDLz4QFBLs4G3fGi4F7PAZv6r8koOAwD1NERnVI7aQ=w640-fcrop64=1,32b75a57cd48a5a8-k-c0xffffffff-no-nd-rj

Date: November 9, 2019
Venue: CSKA Arena
City: Moscow, Russia
Time: 2pm ET/11am PT
Viewing: ESPN+, TSN 5

MAIN CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Featherweight bout: Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Calvin Kattar
Heavyweight bout: Alexander Volkov vs. Greg Hardy
Welterweight bout: Zelim Imadaev vs. Danny Roberts
Light Heavyweight bout: Khadis Ibragimov vs. Ed Herman
Welterweight bout: Ramazan Emeev vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
Light Heavyweight bout: Shamil Gamzatov vs. Klidson Abreu

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, TSN 5)

Light Heavyweight bout: Magomed Ankalaev vs. Dalcha Lungiambula
Welterweight bout: Rustam Khabilov vs. Sergey Khandozhko
Middleweight bout: Roman Kopylov vs. Karl Roberson
Welterweight bout: Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs. David Zawada
Lightweight bout: Alexander Yakovlev vs. Roosevelt Roberts
Women's Bantamweight bout: Pannie Kianzad vs. Jessica-Rose Clark
Bantamweight bout: Grigorii Popov vs. Davey Grant​

Reactions: td_ice

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
THE PRIDE OF METHUEN, STARCH HIM KID!

Pretty sure Bochniak and Kattar train together, bochniak was starting to come alive at the end of his fight against Zabit. Wonder if he’s got some inside info on him for his buddy

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Zabit should win, but this should be a real good test for him. But if Zabit is as good as many people think he is (including me) he should be able to win here. I'm not sure he gets the finish, though.

It's already been discussed a ton, but Hardy is in a ton of trouble vs Volkov. Anything can happen and sure, Hardy can land something and end up.. but Volkov is just so, so polished in there compared to someone like Hardy. I'm glad Hardy took this fight as it's very intriguing, but I expect Volkov to win quite easily. Hardy's pretty tough though so it wouldn't surprise me seeing this go the distance.

I can't really believe Ed Herman is still getting main card fights in late 2019, but he beat Patrick Cummins his last fight so good on him. I doubt I will ever pick him to win a fight inside the UFC again though.

Anthony Martin v Ramazan Emeev is a pretty solid fight, and it seems Shamil Gamzatov is a good prospect thought I don't really know too much about him.

Anyone have someone to watch for? I'll be honest, even for a big UFC fan like me I have trouble keeping track of all of these Russian/Dagestan/etc guys.

Reactions: Avs_19

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Zabit should win, but this should be a real good test for him. But if Zabit is as good as many people think he is (including me) he should be able to win here. I'm not sure he gets the finish, though.

It's already been discussed a ton, but Hardy is in a ton of trouble vs Volkov. Anything can happen and sure, Hardy can land something and end up.. but Volkov is just so, so polished in there compared to someone like Hardy. I'm glad Hardy took this fight as it's very intriguing, but I expect Volkov to win quite easily. Hardy's pretty tough though so it wouldn't surprise me seeing this go the distance.

I can't really believe Ed Herman is still getting main card fights in late 2019, but he beat Patrick Cummins his last fight so good on him. I doubt I will ever pick him to win a fight inside the UFC again though.

Anthony Martin v Ramazan Emeev is a pretty solid fight, and it seems Shamil Gamzatov is a good prospect thought I don't really know too much about him.

Anyone have someone to watch for? I'll be honest, even for a big UFC fan like me I have trouble keeping track of all of these Russian/Dagestan/etc guys.
Also impressed Hardy took this fight. His advantage has been size, reach, and some intimidation factor and he has none of those things here, not to mention fighting in Moscow.

I always liked Ed Herman going back to TUF eons ago so hoping he gets a win. Impressed he's still around as well.

Not much to offer on the rest of the card other than looking forward to checking it out on Saturday afternoon.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm really only interested in the top two fights. Good test for Zabit and another step towards putting him in title contention if he wins. I think Zabit's the more well-rounded fighter but Kattar's tough and has quite a bit of power for that division.

Weird things happen in HW MMA so I can't say Hardy has no chance and can't win but Volkov is just a much better fighter.

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
Hey guys I’m just making my Bodog bets for this event and I’m wondering if I should be concerned over Russia judges having a bias toward Russian fighters?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Glad the main event was switched to Zabit/Kattar, too bad it's not a 5 rounder. Co-main doesn't do anything for me, would expect Volkov to beat Hardy but with the heavyweights, you never know. Golden opportunity for Hardy despite the risk, wouldn't shock me to see him swing early and land something big.

I have a feeling the main event will be a close one with Kattar maybe edging it out. He seems hungry and looks great coming into the fight. I just feel like Zabit is due for some adversity. Also curious about his injury that resulted in the fight being pushed back.

Not much rooting interest in the card as a whole but there are some good matchups here.

Reactions: m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hey guys I’m just making my Bodog bets for this event and I’m wondering if I should be concerned over Russia judges having a bias toward Russian fighters?

Hadn't really thought about, but makes sense.. though the odds have likely factored that in anyway.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hadn't really thought about, but makes sense.. though the odds have likely factored that in anyway.

Just for the record, I should have already known this but the UFC has their assigned judges for this card so there won't be any home-cooking. I think I still have PTSD from Fedor/Maldonado when I hear Russian judges and fear the worst.

Nice win for Martin as an underdog. I don't think he's a contender but he'll stick around, he's looked better at 170.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great KO by Danny Roberts, and even better job by the ref to jump in there so quickly.

Time for the two fights people care about.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nice left hook and KO for Roberts there.

Roberson, Zawada, and Roberts all had some good moments on the prelims as well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hardy looks ok but Volkov is clearly the more polished guy. Sounds like Hardy may have a hand injury as well.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
That should be a 30-27 win for Volkov, but credit for Hardy sticking around against a top 10 guy on short notice.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
That should be a 30-27 win for Volkov, but credit for Hardy sticking around against a top 10 guy on short notice.
I thought Hardy was doing pretty good for his level of experience until he maybe broke his wrist blocking that kick. Volkov is a very big step up in competition for him

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was all Volkov. He mostly went safe and did what he needed to do from the outside.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I thought Hardy was doing pretty good for his level of experience until he maybe broke his wrist blocking that kick. Volkov is a very big step up in competition for him

Yeah, he actually looked pretty solid in the first round. I'd like to see him fight a top 20 guy like Tuivasa or Tybura next.

Reactions: dss97

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Volkov won every round but I wouldn't say he outclassed Hardy or that Hardy didn't belong. Hardy needs to be more technical but could have easily won if he landed a right.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I thought this was a 5 rounder and had Kattar but with it only being 3 I dont think Zabit will gas enough for Kattar to take advantage.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Zabit is up 2-0.

It's really too bad this isn't five rounds.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Should be 29-28 for Zabit. Kattar looked great in Round 3 when Zabit slowed down.

Reactions: Avs_19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->