GDT: UFC Fight Night: Song vs. Simon

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
This is your stereotypical out of shape heavyweights who just gas out after the first round and it becomes such a sloppy wild haymaker fight.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Not an AWFUL fight but I don't think these guys are main card quality, even on a fight night. Shows the lack of depth on this card.

Edit: Didn't know Waters fought 2 weeks ago.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
"Ladies and gentlemen, give it up for Trey Waters"... Followed by literally 2 individual claps. Oof, watching this is going to be rough.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Good performance by Caio Borralho. You can start to see that he might have trouble with high end strikers that are competent on the ground but so far he's done nothing but impress. I'm high on Oleksiejczuk so very impressed by this win.

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Damnnnn Song looked very good just outclassed Simon

Good performance by Caio Borralho. You can start to see that he might have trouble with high end strikers that are competent on the ground but so far he's done nothing but impress. I'm high on Oleksiejczuk so very impressed by this win.
Might be time for him to take another step up in competition he's such a smart fighter

Reactions: Taytro

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Songs power is just a game changer. He's got an unusual skillset for the lower divisions, not many guys have the one shot power than Song has.

This is the most dead an event thread has ever been since I've been active here. Just goes to show how poorly built that card was for the viewers.

Reactions: m9

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Thought Big Ben Rothwell was in trouble there at the start that cut looked bad... he's another one who's built for this promotion.

Songs power is just a game changer. He's got an unusual skillset for the lower divisions, not many guys have the one shot power than Song has.

This is the most dead an event thread has ever been since I've been active here. Just goes to show how poorly built that card was for the viewers.
Lol yeah I came on like 5 fights in and there wasn't a single post... the card was awful on paper and didn't play out much better.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I say this in the most respectful way possible... Eddie Alvarez's wife sucks. My buddy told she would scream his name through all his MMA fights and Jesus it's all I hear through out this fight lol

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Rockhold quits middle of the second round?? Did he lose a tooth? What a bizarre ending. Almost seems like he showed up to get his payday. What the hell.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Those last few fights were actually pretty awesome... still not sure what happened with Rockhold a bunch of media speculating he broke his jaw... hilarious ending with mcgregor randomly getting in the ring and squaring off with mike Perry. They suggested Cerrone as a possible opponent for perry next which could make sense. Probably won't see the buys for this card but it seems to be fight wise a win for them.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
McGregor is so f***ed up every time he's in public its just sad. Get this fool into rehab.

Rockhold...just hang em up man.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
McGregor is so f***ed up every time he's in public its just sad. Get this fool into rehab.

Rockhold...just hang em up man.
LOL I got two texts from friends watching it saying "this guy is coked out of his mind"

Yeah BKFC President said he cracked a couple teeth and it looks like it from pictures I saw on Twitter:

Looks like they did a solid gate for the event too:

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Worked during the main cards and watched the draft mainly during the prelims but I caught Perry vs Rockhold on my break, and just watched Mendes vs Alvarez, great fights

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Simon looked surprisingly tentative. With Yadong's power, it's understandable I guess. Yadong didn't seem to respect the power coming back at him so he could really sell out to stuff the takedowns. Not that Simon was able to do much with the takedowns he did get anyway. Yadong is simply a cut above.

I didn't watch BKFC, but I saw Rockhold's teeth and Eddie and Mendes's faces afterwards. Like I said earlier, it's probably actually safer than MMA, but I can't believe people are willing to get disfigured like that. It happens time to time in MMA, but it's almost a guarantee in BKFC.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Simon looked surprisingly tentative. With Yadong's power, it's understandable I guess. Yadong didn't seem to respect the power coming back at him so he could really sell out to stuff the takedowns. Not that Simon was able to do much with the takedowns he did get anyway. Yadong is simply a cut above.

I didn't watch BKFC, but I saw Rockhold's teeth and Eddie and Mendes's faces afterwards. Like I said earlier, it's probably actually safer than MMA, but I can't believe people are willing to get disfigured like that. It happens time to time in MMA, but it's almost a guarantee in BKFC.
Nevada did a study of bare knuckle vs mma.... the chances of facial lacerations were much higher in bare knuckle but the chances of concussions were lower.

Reactions: CDJ

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Nevada did a study of bare knuckle vs mma.... the chances of facial lacerations were much higher in bare knuckle but the chances of concussions were lower.
Yeah, that makes intuitive sense when you're removing head kicks, knees, elbows, follow up ground strikes, etc.

It's just harder to ignore the damage in BKFC because the evidence is right there on your face.

Reactions: CDJ

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, that makes intuitive sense when you're removing head kicks, knees, elbows, follow up ground strikes, etc.

It's just harder to ignore the damage in BKFC because the evidence is right there on your face.
The visual violence is just a lot more gruesome and it has and will always follow them likely

Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad